Im looking to buy a new guitar to replace my Ibanez Gax70. I play mainly classic rock, hard rock, and some metal, but not crazy amounts of gain. I am looking to spend between 400-600 dollars however i can probably go to about 700. The main guitars i was looking at have been agile les pauls, when rondo gets the new stock in, epiphone les pauls, some of the cheaper prs's, the gibson sg special, and some epiphone sgs. any recomendations
Epiphone Les Paul Custom or Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus.If your looking at les Pauls and dont have enough for a Gibson,this is perfect.I'm planning on getting this guitar soon.So far it seems amazing http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ENCVSGH/
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Either the SG faded or try looking at the esp ltd f series, the f-2e is a really versatile guitar.
why not try making your own, that's what i'm planning to do once i have money for the materials
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by xvasmx
Epiphone Les Paul Custom or Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus.If your looking at les Pauls and dont have enough for a Gibson,this is perfect.I'm planning on getting this guitar soon.So far it seems amazing http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ENCVSGH/

It doesn't need to be a custom, the standards are just as good, just a matter of which you prefer looks wise, I prefer standards, up to you though. Also you mentioned a Gibson SG Special, if you can afford it, get it, it will be of a much higher quality than any epiphone, even if it isn't as flashy
Quote by postmortem2006
Dean Cadillac 1980

Essentially a Les Paul but with better fret acess

Minus the high quality wood/craftsmanship.
Quote by lewis_grey
It doesn't need to be a custom, the standards are just as good, just a matter of which you prefer looks wise, I prefer standards, up to you though. Also you mentioned a Gibson SG Special, if you can afford it, get it, it will be of a much higher quality than any epiphone, even if it isn't as flashy

Yeah true.I just prefer the Customs
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by lewis_grey

i have heard that the higher end epiphones, such as standards/ customs have much better quality than a low end gibson. is this true?
epiphone propechy GX? or a normal epi LP
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
One of my guitars is a Epi LP Standard and I'm veeery satisfied with it. I didn't like most LPs I'd tested before that one, but I happened to try it out by chance when I went to a neightbour town one day and it just felt awesome.
So my advice would be to go pay a visit to your nearest music store and just sit down and test as many guitars as you can cause every guitar feels different, even if it's the same model!
Good luck
dont buy a guitar you haven't tested, it may me excellent to other person but uncomfortable to you.

I've played Epiphone LP Ultra-II and LP Prophecy GX and they are both pretty good. But if you don't have a good amp it will still sound like crap, only buy the guitar first if your guitar is kinda like a fishing rod or a piece of wood or something
i definatly plan on trying out any guitar before i actually buy it i was looking for suggestions of what to try. and i have a classic 30 and most of the effects i want.
Quote by enalsisiht
Im looking to buy a new guitar to replace my Ibanez Gax70. I play mainly classic rock, hard rock, and some metal, but not crazy amounts of gain. I am looking to spend between 400-600 dollars however i can probably go to about 700. The main guitars i was looking at have been agile les pauls, when rondo gets the new stock in, epiphone les pauls, some of the cheaper prs's, the gibson sg special, and some epiphone sgs. any recomendations

I would go with the agile 3000's