Hello guys.

I have had a Fender Squier Showmaster for 2 years now. I bought with a fender amp(frontman 15g). Lately I've experienced trouble with my distortion. My amp has 7 options:

<Normal Volume> <Gain> <Drive Select> <Drive Volume> <Treble> <Middle> <Bass>

Atm there is no distortion sound when I use Drive Select and Drive volume on the highest. I don't know if it is my guitar or it is my amp, I have no possibility to test it.
Ive suspected my guitar since i had some trouble with my input on the guitar (I dont know if its called input, but its the hole in the guitar where i place the wire connected with the amp ;D) The input was very loose and therefore did i have to place the wire on a special way before the sound could come. Due to that, i opened the input in my guitar to try to detect the issue, i didnt really do anything, but now the input isnt that loose anymore.

I hope some of you might help me, I mean, it could be an issue which is easy to fix. and sorry for the bad english.
If you can still get a clean sound, then it probably is not the guitar. Yeah, make sure you're gain is up and the volume of the guitar is up also, even though it might sound stupid.
Its most probably the Amp.Like everyone else stated try raising the "Gain" knob.I've tried one of these amps theyre pretty simple,Just try raising the Gain a bit then you'll most probably get that dist your looking for!
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Thanks for all the replies, but it doesn't help. Long time ago when it seemed to work properly, I only had to press on the drive button and raise Drive volume to 8-9 and then I had a very hard sound. Now its still clean, it sounds almost like i didnt push the drive button.
Now it works!!! It doesn't make any sense to me, but all i had to do was to increase "Gain" like you guys said, but it doesn't work if "Drive volume" is high too, so when my Gain is at 9 and Drive Volume is at 2 i get a very rough distortion. thanks for the answers everyone
Quote by AeeroH
Now it works!!! It doesn't make any sense to me, but all i had to do was to increase "Gain" like you guys said, but it doesn't work if "Drive volume" is high too, so when my Gain is at 9 and Drive Volume is at 2 i get a very rough distortion. thanks for the answers everyone

Hey just to get back on you,The drive volume is like the volume knob for that Channel cause your amp has 2 channels Clean and Drive/Overdrive.The Gain is what adds or decreases distortion in the Drive Channel
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]