Guitar > Pedalboard > AB box to either amps > Laney VC15/Laney AOR30 with Plexitone and ACTone in front.

The footswitch controls the reverb and boost channel on the AOR.

I'll get an ABY box soon I think and get slightly more control than now.

The AOR is really not loud at all... It's also very hard finding a balance between clean sounds and OD sounds in volume. Because basically you get preamp 1 gain, preamp 2 gain, preamp 1 level, and master volume, and this amp has NO HEADROOM AT ALL even though I popped a 12AT7 in V1 and a low gain AX7 in V2... :s If I go for a clean sound without the boost, I need the MV very loud, which then overshoots the boost channel and it's way too loud. Weird.

But it does sound godly with the Plexitone and ACTone. Also another amazing sound is the Bad Monkey boosting the Blues Pro into the AOR. Fantastic OD.
very nice!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Compressor.

Pedal chain goes Compressor > Stupid Box 2 > Blackstar > Power grid > Carl Martin Hot Drive and Boost > Pitchblack ? Bad Monkey > Blues Pro > Big Muff > Tremolo

This is a dirt cheap rig by the way. Everything except the Bad Monkey, Compressor and Stupid box was second hand and GREAT deals (100 euros for the big Laney for instance ). The Carl Martin pedals were present from a great friend, and all around amazing guy, who works for them, and so I'll never leave them.
Well it's got 6V6s in the output, so slightly less, but still more Marshall than most Marshalls

And yeah NOW I'm finally happy with my dirt pedals haha... a couple may go. The CM stuff sounds A LOT better on the big Laney, so they stay with it, the smaller pedals help me get a (huge) variety of tones from both amps.

The Power Grid is my all out metal tone (brewtal!!!11one!)
The Blackstar is a very nice lead voice, but for rythm it's got too much of a fuzzy edge to it. Not a very modern sounding distortion.
The Bad Monkey is for thickening out tones and boosting other ODs.
The Blues Pro is my medium gain OD sound (AMAZING pedal).
The Stupid box 2.0 is for that loud wall of distortion rythm tone.
The Big Muff is if I ever need to scare Chuck Norris away.
Plexitone actually sounds VERY close to the big Laney's OD channel, but better!
ACTone right now lacks volume, but has a much sweeter, smoother midrange, very nice tone!

I also have a spare Crunchbox I built, a Brown Sound In a Box I built, a SD1 I totally modded (sounds very close to the Blues Pro actually!) and a DS1 I modded, and a MXR6 band EQ. I have a boost I have not yet finished but will get on it soon too I think.

I also have both amp's distortion channels hehe but I only got one footswitch right now.
They're fun amps, but remember they're old and some of the caps may be gone and need replacing, like on mine.
I suggest for your next purchase put a bridge and strings on that LP... but in the meantime I'd love to hear clips of it without.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
... It sustains for days... just listen...

Hehe I'll clean it up on about five minutes. She needs a first coat of lemon oil with a big cleaning, then the frets need polishing, then the fingerboard, then I clean the metal parts and THEN she gets strings... :P
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, it's not going anywhere fast, it's been on CL for like 3 months. The guy's a twat.

How's the OD on it? Some people compare them to JCM800's?

Essentially yeah, the preamp is that of a hotrodded JCM800, and it sure sounds quite a like. Perhaps a little darker. Loads of tones from that amp.

And thank you!
whoa! look! it's a magical les paul copy with invisible strings!

sick rig!

how do you like that Laney VC15?
It's an Air Les Paul!

Great amp! Not that loud, not so amazing when played very loud, but it's got some fun tones in it
Done

She got a full cleanup, polish, stringing, and treble bleed caps. Tomorrow she's getting a full workout, intonation and setup.
Just out of curiosity.... do you have to mic the Laney when you gig?
Not gigged yet, but I can tell you both would need micing for a big venue. For pubs and slightly bigger they'd be ok. They're not very loud amps...
Speak louder, can't hear you!

Hehehe... but seriously I have the master on the big Laney on 6/10 already...with both gains being on 6 too. Actually all 4 of my gain/volume controls are on 6. Only way to get a decent clean tone with that beast.
Dayum thats nice and the pedals are probably worth more than my entire kit on that rig!

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Quote by Pott
Speak louder, can't hear you!

Hehehe... but seriously I have the master on the big Laney on 6/10 already...with both gains being on 6 too. Actually all 4 of my gain/volume controls are on 6. Only way to get a decent clean tone with that beast.

Goddamn. I think there's something wrong with your amps.

I never turn my my 40 watt Traynor past 3 to get over drums.
Well this amp is a gain machine... very little clean tone. So as I keep the gain down, I need to open up the master more. It's rated at 30W but it's dual 6V6s, I'd say it's less. One day I'll measure but it doesn't matter. It's just as loud as it sounds. Which is not that loud right now :P

Hehe and thanks... those pedals are mostly great deals or not expensive at all though! I honestly have very little money in this rig. Way less than say, a Mesa would cost, or most modern/decent channel switcher amps.
Quote by moominman2
who?

xxXshredderXxx i think!

you will just have to play the waiting game for one. search gumtree aswell as ebay, and occasionally check the gear ad section on here
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
xxXshredderXxx i think!

you will just have to play the waiting game for one. search gumtree aswell as ebay, and occasionally check the gear ad section on here

haha good.

cheers man...either that or the laney vc30 :P
Nice!!! I have a Pro Tube..... series II however. I love it, even though 50 watts tube is a bit excessive for my room :P
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.