ok i was playing guitar just a sec ago and i noticed that like halfway through playing something i looked at my pick and it was sideways. i dont get it. now every time i play it turns almost completely sideways. the only way i can keep it from moving is if i put a death grip on it. and it sometimes still moves!!! someone help me out please
NO STAIRWAY
what kind of picks are you using ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
well its not turning completely upside down.its just turning to the side which makes it impossible to pick. is your thumb supposed to be parellel wit the top of the pick? and if so how do i get it to stop moving on me?
NO STAIRWAY
Thats okay if you pick with your pick sideways. A lot of guitarist pick with the part they should normaly grip.
Last edited by selibucaz at Aug 11, 2008,
You're probably holding your pick at slight angle which is causing your pick to move each time it hits the strings. By angle I mean the tip of the pick is slanted towards either the bridge or the neck (as opposed to low e/high e AKA attack angle). Try conciously holding the pick so that it strikes the strings directly on the tip centre, this might help.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
You're probably holding your pick at slight angle which is causing your pick to move each time it hits the strings. By angle I mean the tip of the pick is slanted towards either the bridge or the neck (as opposed to low e/high e AKA attack angle). Try conciously holding the pick so that it strikes the strings directly on the tip centre, this might help.

ive been trying that and i think its helping.thanks!!
NO STAIRWAY