Aug 11th
2002, Bruce Springsteen started a two week run at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘The Rising’, the singers fifth US No.1. Also No.1 in the UK.

2001, appearing at the Ozzfest at PNC Bank Arts Centre, New Jersey, Black Sabbath, Linkin Park, Slipknot and Marilyn Manson.

1999, Kiss arrived on Hollywood Boulevard to unveil their star on The Walk Of Fame. The band had released over 30 albums and sold over 80 million records world-wide.

1984, Ray Parker JR. started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with the theme from the film 'Ghostbusters'. Parker who had been a session guitarist for Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye was accused of plagiarizing the melody from Huey Lewis and the News song ‘I Want a New Drug’, resulting in Lewis suing Parker, the pair settled out of court in 1985.

1979, Led Zeppelin played their last ever UK show when they appeared at Knebworth Park, England. Also on the bill, The New Barbarians, Todd Rundgren, Southside Johnny and the Ashbury Dukes, Chas and Dave and Fairport Convention.

1967, appearing at this years UK Reading festival, The Small Faces, The Move, Marmalade, Paul Jones, Pink Floyd, Amen Corner, Donovan, Zoot Money, Cream, Jeff Beck, John Mayall, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac and The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown. An advance 3 day ticket cost £2. Arthur Brown's trademark flaming helmet burnt out of control and organiser Harold Pendleton's father-in-law had to douse the flames with a pint of beer.

1966, at a press conference held at The Astor Towers Hotel in Chicago, John Lennon apologised for his remarks that The Beatles were “more popular than Jesus". Lennon told reporters “Look, I wasn’t saying The Beatles are better than God or Jesus, I said ‘Beatles’ because it’s easy for me to talk about The Beatles. I could have said ‘TV’ or ‘Cinema’, ‘Motorcars’ or anything popular and would have got away with it…”

More at http://www.thisdayinmusic.com
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Was this on this day in history from the History channel or something?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
thank you good sir?
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
I can use google too.
Quote by Ichimaru
I've always wanted to meet a really hot readhead so that I could tell her name is Moses and I'm here to see the burning bush.
Quote by rocklikeafool
So, I have only 1 thing to say, John Lennon was a dick! As for the rest, I really don't care whole lot.

Lol, no he really wasn't, but your message really gave me a laugh post-wake/bake.
Quote by rocklikeafool
So, I have only 1 thing to say, John Lennon was a dick! As for the rest, I really don't care whole lot.

...what? The man had a point and he made it. That makes you a jerk?

And why don't we just make one thread with this and update it every day???
*reported*

spam
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!