Hi, I was hoping someone could tell me the best setup I could have to play ska. I play stuff like sublime, and rancid. Thanks for the help
Budget?

and does this include a amp and a guitar?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Yea man as budget as possible. And I need the best combo with the guitar and amp
i would look into Agile guitars, i've heard good things and they're dirt cheap as guitars go
just play through a bunch of amps you can afford until you hear one you love

edit: and he meant how much money exactly are you willing to spend
I want Super Saiyan abilities
Ill pay up to 600 for the guitar, but I just want the best sounding stuff for ska
what about amps?
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
Epi les paul like i've got is pretty nice, and you could get a custom with that money
also look at Ibanez Artcores, semi-hollows are great for ska
there is no best amp really for ska
I want Super Saiyan abilities
There is a best amp for ska, it's gotta have good cleans. I like fender devilles. They do a excellent job. But I don't know your budget for an amp, or if you're going to gig with it so I can't completely recommend one.

As for guitars, ^ he's right, I play a hollowbody, I actually picked up the brand because Tim Armstrong of Rancid plays one, a Gretsch G5120, it runs for 600 though. If you want a solid body, I'd look at Fenders, Epiphones or ibanez (but you might have to swap pups on the ibanez)
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
Ill pay up to 800 for the entire setup. Im probably gonna gig with it so price really isnt an issue, I just cant blow a fortune on the setup. Overall are hollow bodies or solids better for ska
Yeah they are, you going to need to put down for a noise suppressor if you play ska core, or just punk with high gain though, but they're great for ska.

I'd look for a used fender deville, but if I were you I'd try it out first though..Your taste in distortion might be different from mine. Go to the store and look at 40watt+ tube amps because ska is a loud genre. And you might have to buy second hand because your budget isen't too flexible between an amp and the guitar you want.

guitars, heres a few nice hollowbodys that'll fit your budget with the amp:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Dot-Electric-Guitar?sku=518250
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Artcore-AS73-Electric-Guitar?sku=519454

alot of hollowbodys are in the midrange (600+) but if you don't like them or they're too expensive, solid body's can be great ska guitars as well, alot of bands play them.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120