hey i hav been playing for a while and taking lessons for years. i would say im prolly advanced i guess. i hav an epiphoe les paul and i like it but i want a new guitar. ok im into hardcore bands (the devil wears prada, august burns red, bullet for my vallentine and so on). i hav been looking at the jackson RR1 for about $2000. idk if i should get that or not. any suggestions? (budget is 1000-2500)
NO STAIRWAY
If you're looking to spend that much money I think you should try out all the guitars you're looking at.
Schecters are mighty nice.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Just Buy a bunch of low priced guitars and smash'em all! or buy a guitar and a half stack.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
If you're looking to spend that much money I think you should try out all the guitars you're looking at.

Yes.
With that kind of money you need to try out each POSSIBLE guitar choice before even considering on settling on one.
ok well if i could pick any brand of guitar for that style of music which brands should i look at?
NO STAIRWAY
ESP make a pretty good guitar.. I think ABR uses them?
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by taylor93112
ok well if i could pick any brand of guitar for that style of music which brands should i look at?

i dunno

but whatcha gonna do with that les paul of your's?
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by iceman95
i dunno

but whatcha gonna do with that les paul of your's?

prolly keep it. just in case
NO STAIRWAY
Look at ESP's, Ibanez's, Jackson's, and I guess Schecter's.... Im not a fan of them but you may be.
try out as much as possible you dont want to make a mistake with that sort of cash. What amp do you have btw, cos you could get a guitar better than your LP (but not as good as the RR1) and get a decent tube amp.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
i guess my main question is would it be a good decision getting the RR1?
NO STAIRWAY
Jackson RR1 should be awesome. I have a RR3 and it's very good... RR1 is basically the same guitar but with original floyd rose and it's neckthru.
Quote by taylor93112
i guess my main question is would it be a good decision getting the RR1?

I can't really answer that question. But if your are indeed going to spend $2000 at a guitar; spend at least a week at the your local music stores and just try out every guitar that attracts your attention. I would do that even for a guitar worth 500$

And stop saying prolly x)
the rr1 is a really nice guitar. but good luck if you want to practice in a chair. the jackson soloists are more my style.
but check out les pauls. they're good, they're versatile, the pickups aren't the gainiest in the world, but the right amp will make up for it.
i'm also a big fan of the higher end dean stuff.
i've never played much of the high end ibanez guitars, but you should really look into them as well.
but seriously. play every guitar on the wall. even if they're not marketed towards metalheads. and do it through a rig similar to your own. it would be stupid to pay that much for a guitar, only to find out that there was something else you would've liked better.
For the type of music you said you were into, I think a Schecter would be best. Like a C 1 classic.
Just sit in a few shops and try what's right for you.

Like people like EMGs, even Metallica, Trivium, Children of Bodom but to me they're stale and I prefer like Dimarzio D'activators or a SD Invader. It's all up to what you like.