i can't say my neck bends very much after i changed from 009 to 010 but i want to be sure that it wont have any consequences. i am able to play with it as it it now, but I'm not sure if thats just because of the new string thickness or that the strings are too far above the frets. So how far over the frets should the strings be?
umm... its not a very large gauge difference so its gonna be fine... same thing for if you went from .10 to .9 instead.
Unless you had your neck perfectly set up with the .9s, you're probably not gonna notice the change very much. Mostly, its up to you, if it feels right, but if you notice that the neck is really bowed, you might need to adjust the truss rod and then the action.
You'll be fine man, just set your guitar up properly once in a while.
What type of guitar do you have? Does it have a floating tremelo/bridge?
you may have to do some bridge adjusting if you have a trem, a lot of times, i've noticed adding more tension pulls up the bridge, if I remember right, that usually means you should remove your backplate and loosen your bridge screws. You'll only need to do this if you seen noticable lift of the bridge
Other way round mate, you'll need to tighten the screws that hold the springs, thus increaing the tension. That will pull the bridge back down toward the body.
Quote by Free
Other way round mate, you'll need to tighten the screws that hold the springs, thus increaing the tension. That will pull the bridge back down toward the body.

my bad thanks for the correction
I recently went from 009s to 010, I didn't do anything to the neck and its fine, tightening wouldn't hurt though, but not too much