Does anyone know of a good tube amp that can get sounds from The Beatles clean to Wolfmother hard rock? Some of the artists who's songs I like to play include AC/DC, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Foo Fighters, The Hives, Wolfmother, The Vines, The Strokes, Priestess, My Morning Jacket, The Ramones, Weezer, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, Nirvana, OK GO, and the Smashing Pumpkins. I would prefer that the amp is $350 or less. Keep in mind that I can use Craig's List to get sweet deals on used equipment. One of the amps that I amp considering is a Fender Blues Junior. My guitar is a Squier Stratocaster. I am going to probably get another guitar later down the line, because people told me that it's more important to get a better amp first. Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peavey classic 30 and a big muff? could probably had for around 500 i dunno about less than 350.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Vox AD Series Maybe a AD15VT or a AD30VT (Its a solid state but has a tube in it pre-amp )
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Last edited by xvasmx at Aug 11, 2008,
Why no Fender Blue Junior? The Vox is solid-state by the way. It just has a tube pre-amp. I can get a Peavey Classic 50 for $400.
The Crate V series is also pretty good. They're pretty cheap to begin with, so used they should be right up your alley.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Where can you find an ENGL for $350? I'm there

I would suggest trying to find a used Crate Vintage Club 6 series. Great amps that are extremely versatile.
My vote is classic 30
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by VoodooCow229
The Crate V series is also pretty good. They're pretty cheap to begin with, so used they should be right up your alley.

Depending on which he gets (the single channel or the two channel) he may need an OD to get the harder rock sounds. I tried the V18 and it was a really deep sounding amp. Thick. A brighter tone could be dialed in, but the amp was predominantly really thick and deep and warm sounding.

Also, unless he really is on a tight budget, I'd get a classic 30. The V's are made in China, and although I haven't heard of any reliability issues, there's a chance.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
How about a Classic 50? Does anyone think I should get a Fender Blues Junior? Plus there's a V16 Palomino on Craig's List that's one of the earlier made in the U.S.A. models (By the way I think they're made in Vietnam now), but it's kind of a long drive through some interesting neighborhoods.
I should probably also mention that I would use a distortion or over drive pedal to achieve these tones too. So could I do all those bands I want to do on, say, a Fender Blues Junior with a TS7 Tube Screamer or Bad Monkey?
^TBH I don't think the drive channel on the Fender is up to it.

Classic 30, or you may want to look into the new Epi Valve Snr if you are getting (or already have) a pedal to boost it with. Voicing may be a slight issue though.
Damn it, there was an Epiphone Valve Standard on there for like $200 or $250 a month ago but now it's gone. So, even with a pedal or two the Fender wouldn't be up to it?
Quote by newbienewbie
How about a Classic 50? Does anyone think I should get a Fender Blues Junior? Plus there's a V16 Palomino on Craig's List that's one of the earlier made in the U.S.A. models (By the way I think they're made in Vietnam now), but it's kind of a long drive through some interesting neighborhoods.

I'm selling my Peavey Classic 50 for $400 paypalled and shipped
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I'm selling my Peavey Classic 50 for $400 paypalled and shipped

what are you getting in place of it?
Quote by newbienewbie

My son has the USA V16 - great amp. I was in Guitar Center today, and saw the Palomino V32 212 for $305! That's a sweetheart deal on a nice amp. Maybe worth sniffing around.

The Classic 50 would be great if you've come across one in your price range. I would definitely recommend you go for 30W (or more) if you need quality cleans at gigging volumes. I love that little V16, but with a full band you're gonna have a tough time getting pristine cleans. For the difference in price, I consider it to be well worth it to extend to 30W now if you can. An amp that size could potentially last you the rest of your life.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.