basically... im halfway through my second re-finishing job.

doing up one of the schools old Stagg ibanez-esque and making it altogether more pretty.
its going to be like Paul Gilbert's axe, shiny white with black hardware and painted on f-holes.

but... im in need of something to whap on the headstock, looks a bit plain.
and i am really struggling finding/making a design that will suit.

heres what ive got so far:

i like the idea of thin swoopy lines in the ibanez style but they all kinda look like bad tattoos atm :|

So! thoughts/opinions/suggestions from anyone!?
second or last ones
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
2 or 3 those two look the best to me
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
on second thought do the second one, because if you have a certain word you like you can put it in there
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
cool...

well i was thinking of writing something... but it will be hard to stencil on well.

oh and btw.. the last one is meant to be an "F" my initial
Yeah, the 2nd one looks pretty slick. If you have a logo or name or w/e you could fill in the gap with some sweet designer style font set to that logo or name or w/e

Just my 2 cents.
-My Gear-

Peavey Grind 5 BXP (Refurb)
Ibanez SRX 500
Crate BT100 Bass Amp

Band: 4 Chords and a Solo (Still debating, lead guitarist suggestion)
Quote by F8iscruel
on second thought do the second one, because if you have a certain word you like you can put it in there

that word is ibanez lol

id do the c or f they are cool
Quote by Phazer
that word is ibanez lol

id do the c or f they are cool

haha! i thought about that one too... but would you want to play something with "ibanez" badly drawn on it? :P

i dont really want to write anything, im probably going to sell this on at some point and a random word wont make people want to buy it lol

thanks for all the thoughts/opinions/suggestions
last and second POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I vote 1st. By a lot, actually. But it could be better (IMO, ya know) if the swooshy line that goes up between the E and A tuners was even more swooshy, so the design breaks at a sharper angle and with a more radical curve (but only on the short leg of the design).

The others look too overpowering. Yes- like bad tattoos.
2 & 4
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
the second one... then put your name in it... or your face in it...
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
well... anyone who is interseted.. ive done it!

i sort of did a hybrid of the two popular designs... think it looks none too bad

but there was a bit of a problem, i just used masking tape to make the stencil so there is a tiny bit of paint that has "bled" round the edges :/
any ideas on how i can fix this cleanly?
and how can i stop it happening next time? (it wasnt the amount of paint i put on... did 3 reaaaally fine coats)

Quote by voodoochild13

but there was a bit of a problem, i just used masking tape to make the stencil so there is a tiny bit of paint that has "bled" round the edges :/
any ideas on how i can fix this cleanly?
and how can i stop it happening next time? (it wasnt the amount of paint i put on... did 3 reaaaally fine coats)

I used to have that problem as well with paint and tapes. First, don't use masking tape, use painter's tape. Around my area, there are two brands of painter's tape. Duck and Scotch. I can't remember which, but one sticks 10X better the other one (whichever one is a lighter shade of blue) That helped me out a lot. I'm not talking about the clean release times either. For some reason, one of those brands doesn't stick worth a damn. I also make sure that any edge seeing paint is fully sealed, so to speak. Once I have the tape applied I use my fignernail and run it along any edge that will see paint and my lines have come out perfect.

To fix it, if it were me i would strip it and start over. But then again, i'm really anal about my worksmanship. I'm sure you could mask off the black really well and either use a small paint brush around the edges or respray with the white if you want a nice uniform look. The brush might leaves brush strokes or a raised, blatantly obvious patch job.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
Quote by MeanwiththeDean
...info...

cool, ill look into that. anyone from UK know about the stuff and where i can pick some up?

im not really too keen on starting again... i was going to try and just sand out the tiny bits i dont want... might be a tad tricky right enough.