I am looking to buy a tube amp anywhere from 30w to 10w that is relatively inexpensive. I really enjoy Metallica, Jimmy Hendrix and Eric Clapton sounds, but I also want a good clean channel. My price range is $400-$100 which I dont even have yet but hope to have by next year. I really cannot go try the amp so I am having to take your guys word for it because where I live does not have hardly any music stores and the ones there are are not very good. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
the fender frontman 25r (one i have) is around 200 bucks, 125 if on sale, very good for hendrix and clapton, dont know about metalica i dont really play anything by them
Quote by pageisgod493
the fender frontman 25r (one i have) is around 200 bucks, 125 if on sale, very good for hendrix and clapton, dont know about metalica i dont really play anything by them

No. He wants a TUBE amp.

The peavey classic 30 would be good for all but the Metallica. If you want all of them I'd look at a decent modeler in that price range, like the Vox AD series which is hybrid, so it's tube-like.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Blackheart?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
well dude at this point you really dont even want to consider getting something if you dont have the cash yet, because prices will change. but try to find one that you think you like and write down the info on it and come back and get it when you have the cash. What i did was i saved up some cash went to guitar center found a great amp and a month later i paid cash on a brand new Marshall MGHDFX100 Head and Mg412A cab. which is pretty bad ass so if your limit is 400 just wait and save an extra 250 bucks and get your self a marshall half stack from guitar center....btw it is ****ing LOUD!!!
its not a tube amp but if you know how to tweak it you can make sound like whatever you want.
but another tube to look at, i played one but its a kustom so i didnt think it sounded too good was the Kustom '36 Koupe tube amp. its about 250 where i seen it
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
Quote by Kirkcrimson
well dude at this point you really dont even want to consider getting something if you dont have the cash yet, because prices will change. but try to find one that you think you like and write down the info on it and come back and get it when you have the cash. What i did was i saved up some cash went to guitar center found a great amp and a month later i paid cash on a brand new Marshall MGHDFX100 Head and Mg412A cab. which is pretty bad ass so if your limit is 400 just wait and save an extra 250 bucks and get your self a marshall half stack from guitar center....btw it is ****ing LOUD!!!
its not a tube amp but if you know how to tweak it you can make sound like whatever you want.
but another tube to look at, i played one but its a kustom so i didnt think it sounded too good was the Kustom '36 Koupe tube amp. its about 250 where i seen it

Just a fair warning... you may want to raise your flame shield right about now!

TS: You aren't going to get much out of a tube amp at that price... however, if you do indeed want a tube amp you should check out stuff like the Peavey Classic 30, Peavey ValveKing, Blackheart Little Giant, etc... you will most likely need to buy yourself a nice OD pedal to go along with whatever amp you buy too just to push it into the metal-ier areas.
Quote by Kirkcrimson

IGNORE this person.

Blackheart little giant (the 15w all tube amp) + OD = all you'll need.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO