such as foo fighters, weezer, my chemical romance, etc?

im thinking like 4 or 4.5 with a good EQ'ing?

more along 6 or 6.5 for teh br00talz?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
6 is too much for absolutely everything. Just try for yourself and see what you like. I keep it at 4 with a slight boost from my tubescreamer, and I play br00talz.
why dont you just try it out? no ones going to be able to tell you if it sounds good, only you can
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
and i never put my 5150 past 4 on the pre gain with a gt-500 in front of it
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Lol MCR ain't rock bro. Its whiny faggots with intruments. Maybe around 3 as a base, find out what you like. It's more about experimenting and finding what sounds good to you anyway.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Dores
6 is too much for absolutely everything. Just try for yourself and see what you like. I keep it at 4 with a slight boost from my tubescreamer, and I play br00talz.

is 6 just too "fizzy" and unclear to play something?
because a lot of people say 5 or 6 pre for br00talz, but to me, i cant deceifer notes and it just sound all congested

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Oh, and remember that playing on a low bedroom volume and gigging volume requires a great change in pre-gain. At a gigging volume, I wouldn't ever run it over 3.

But as I said, just try and see what you like. You decide.

edit: Those who say that 6 is for teh br00talz are just the random hardcore dudes who only play breakdowns anyways. A guy at a local show here had his 5150 (gigging volume mind you) at 6,5 on pre, with EMG pups in his guitar. Needless to say, it was a fizzfest.
Quote by Dores
Oh, and remember that playing on a low bedroom volume and gigging volume requires a great change in pre-gain. At a gigging volume, I wouldn't ever run it over 3.

But as I said, just try and see what you like. You decide.

edit: Those who say that 6 is for teh br00talz are just the random hardcore dudes who only play breakdowns anyways. A guy at a local show here had his 5150 (gigging volume mind you) at 6,5 on pre, with EMG pups in his guitar. Needless to say, it was a fizzfest.

ahh ok..cause i plan to gig later, but i use bedroom use a lot so ill need to keep that in mind, and yes...i turned my 5150 outside to like 3.5 with pre 6 and it was very fizzy and feedback-ish, but thats without the decimator i plan to buy\

EDIT: you use a dist. pedal WITH your 5150? but isnt it already a gain enough amp?

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
The decimator won't help at all against the fizziness and feedback. 6 on pre is simply too much. You guitar has relatively high output pups as well (is it the one with EMGs?), so you won't need a world of pre-gain.
Quote by Dores
The decimator won't help at all against the fizziness and feedback. 6 on pre is simply too much. You guitar has relatively high output pups as well (is it the one with EMGs?), so you won't need a world of pre-gain.

yup, the tap-coil emgs....

EDIT: wait, the decimator wont help at all against this?! or just with pre at that volume while at gigging volume? i just want to know before i waste $120 on the ISP

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
If you changed the tubes and the speakers in the combo it clears up abit.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
If you changed the tubes and the speakers in the combo it clears up abit.

the amp has been newly tubed with JJ's

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
yup, the tap-coil emgs....

EDIT: wait, the decimator wont help at all against this?! or just with pre at that volume while at gigging volume? i just want to know before i waste $120 on the ISP

The ISP will remove the noise you hear when you are not playing, which will, well, reduce feedback when not playing too, but that's about it. With EMGs and the pre at 6, you'll get lots of feedback while playing, and fizz that comes solely from the fact that there is way too much preamp-amplification going on.

The only solution to your problem is to reduce the pre to about 3-4, tops 5 when at bedroom volumes. If you want your sound to become a little more br00tal, you get a tubescreamer/bad monkey/another boost pedal and boost the signal a bit. But if you do that, you also need to reduce the pre even more.
Quote by Øttər
Lol MCR ain't rock bro. Its whiny faggots with intruments. Maybe around 3 as a base, find out what you like. It's more about experimenting and finding what sounds good to you anyway.

its pop rock retard.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
JJ's aren't the be all end all of tubes, just so you know. The stock speakers in the combo are awful so it'd be worth changing them.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Dores
The ISP will remove the noise you hear when you are not playing, which will, well, reduce feedback when not playing too, but that's about it. With EMGs and the pre at 6, you'll get lots of feedback while playing, and fizz that comes solely from the fact that there is way too much preamp-amplification going on.

The only solution to your problem is to reduce the pre to about 3-4, tops 5 when at bedroom volumes. If you want your sound to become a little more br00tal, you get a tubescreamer/bad monkey/another boost pedal and boost the signal a bit. But if you do that, you also need to reduce the pre even more.

ahah, so to reduce overall fizz, reduce my gain to 3-5 for bedroom, and for gigging volumes, reduce it a bit more but boost it with an OD pedal? all this considering my high-output active pups?

this makes a lot of sense thanks!

i love TDWP and i alwasy wondered how they got such a good sound..forgetting their mesas and sound engineers...they use noise gates and od pedals probably to do get this ^^ effect...

thanks!!

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables