by Dave of Explosm.net (one Cyanide & Happyness writers)

Not only he drew one of the best comics on earth, Dave wrote this quality hilarious article too.

http://www.explosm.net/articles/35868/#evenmore

Quotes:

"Theres no finer hobby than spending £14 on a piece of plastic, only to find out that its actually a piece of hog **** (imagine my delight when I bought Metallica's St Anger, in that case)"

"So these two guys are immediately hateful simply because of their ghastly features, but they're nothing compared to the singer. His name is Wil Francis, and he's the human equivalent of getting your fingers slammed in a car door."

"If Robert Smith took a ****, then picked off some of his pubes, combed them and put them on it, it'd look like Wil. I bet mummy and daddy are proud."

"Not only have Aiden decided to completely change their image with a much bigger dose of gay (its like they made a point to prove that they could be even gayer), but they've also decided to throw child abduction into the scheme of things. I didn't know grown men leading small children astray was considered hip."

Read it yourself. 4 pages of worth reading funny rant.
My Spanish Hearts
What a fucking retard.

At least they don't just spend their entire lives writing a new AIDS joke every day.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I like that song.... and the band too
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by rabidguitarist
What a fucking retard.

At least they don't just spend their entire lives writing a new AIDS joke every day.

Hey, hey

Calm down, lady.
My Spanish Hearts
Haha i agree with that aiden - afi comparison, christ i'd never heard that single before but it mayaswell be afi.

while i didn't mind that die romantic track (i mean it's nothing special but it's not quite as terrible as the guy describes it) .... one love however ... really is terrible.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Aug 11, 2008,
i agree with pretty much all of it
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by rx_eb
Hey, hey

Calm down, lady.

Sorry man, but it ****ing pisses me off when people write 'criticism' like that. You can tastefully find faults in someones work, it's not necessary to be obscene and insulting, and to even mock the physical appearance of the band members. It's not on.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Sorry man, but it ****ing pisses me off when people write 'criticism' like that. You can tastefully find faults in someones work, it's not necessary to be obscene and insulting, and to even mock the physical appearance of the band members. It's not on.

why does it piss you off? ... do you think it pisses them off?

i mean to be fair those two guys are pretty ugly, it's nothing they can help but im also sure they're aware of that fact and most probably don't care about it.

that guy doesn't like their music, i don't but enough people do for them to keep making albums so really .... why get so upset over it?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by tommyt
why does it piss you off? ... do you think it pisses them off?

i mean to be fair those two guys are pretty ugly, it's nothing they can help but im also sure they're aware of that fact and most probably don't care about it.

that guy doesn't like their music, i don't but enough people do for them to keep making albums so really .... why get so upset over it?

So you think it's justified for him to make fun of them for being ugly... because they are ugly?

And that aside, I think the whole thing is hilariously ironic. Die romantic isn't a bad song- it's catchy, it's been a big success, and Aiden seem like genuinely nice guys.

And they get attacked by the guy whos main achievement is doing this every day.

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by tommyt
Haha i agree with that aiden - afi comparison, christ i'd never heard that single before but it mayaswell be afi.

while i didn't mind that die romantic track (i mean it's nothing special but it's not quite as terrible as the guy describes it) .... one love however ... really is terrible.

No it's worst than he describes it. If this is the **** people listen to today, I can't wait to see the crap they'll be selling in 10 years.
Quote by rabidguitarist
What a fucking retard.

I don't like Aiden but this guy has a point. (I mean rabidguitarist)

Cyanide and Happiness really aren't very good anymore and this guy is bashing Aiden?
It's not even that funny.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Last edited by Mr. La Fritz at Aug 11, 2008,
so rabid you just decided to ignore what i actually said and just read what you want into it.

no where did i say what he was saying was right, my point was ... they certainly wont care, and you stamping your feet, crossing your arms and saying

"boohoo the nasty man is making fun of poor old aiden and all he does is draw cartoons!"

won't stop him from calling them ugly.

also in my previous post i stated that die romantic isnt a bad song, the other two i pretty much agree with him on though, even if i would have phrased my opinion differently than just saying ... it's gay a lot.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by rabidguitarist
So you think it's justified for him to make fun of them for being ugly... because they are ugly?

And that aside, I think the whole thing is hilariously ironic. Die romantic isn't a bad song- it's catchy, it's been a big success, and Aiden seem like genuinely nice guys.

HAHAHAHAHHA!
Sorry, but that picture was hilarious.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by rabidguitarist

It's called satire. It's sort of the idea of their website...
I'm sorry, but this is an insult to bands like AFI, who work hard to make music, just to get ripped off by a bunch of untalented hacks who just want to jump on the "hardcore" bandwagon in an attempt to make lots of money very quickly, then fade away and use that money to fund their future alcohol abuse.

Oh, and whoever is trying to defend these hacks, just stop. You know why these guys are making (unoriginal, terrible) music as well as I do.
Last edited by Mike! at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by rabidguitarist

i actually find that picture utterly hilarious...
First of all, there is nothing wrong with the new music. Tell me how a change of musical style is construed as "gay". The old stuff was incredible - I love every song they have put out thus far, and look forward to hearing the new stuff. Aiden is without question my favorite band, and always will be.

Nothing wrong with making fun of bands, but to say that they are AFI rip-offs... I've always found that a bit funny, because no matter how much I listen to the two bands, I can never really see how anybody could say that.
Richard: Sarcasm is the refuge of losers.
Frank: [sarcastically] Really?
Richard: Sarcasm is losers trying to bring winners down to their level.
Frank: [sarcastically] Thank you for opening my eyes to what a loser I am!
I agree with everything he says.

but seriously guys, this is his opinion (and mine too) but its really just for the lulz.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA