Hello dudes and fellows.

i have a fender 50' classic strat 2007, and the spring in the hole of the tremolo arm has fallen out, didn't new it could, but i read it at the guitar specifications on fenders website some time ago.

the problem is that when i turn my tremolo arm, it makes a kind of "metal vs. metal" sound, and it also sits a little loose in the whole, also the arm has kind of an uneven resistance when i turn it. so what to do? well get a new spring i surpose, but where to get that? saw it on the fender home page but i haven't seen a shop where u can get them. second; should i put some sort of oil down in the tremolo arm hole?

also because the spring was not there i think i some time ago screwed the tremolo arm to long down in the whole, and the screw part of the tremolo arm seems a little wasted.. should i get a new one? i dunno if the screw part of the whole is wasted or ruined.. hard to see..

so Please HELP ME!!! ARGHH
I *think* that guitarfetish sells a replacement for about $40. easier than fixing that one.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
a whole new bridge/arm (the GFS one has a push in arm too)
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
hmm well... might as well buy a new guitar then.. it is only a mexico strat.. so i am not planning on spending alot of money on getting the brighe fixed.. the guitar is totally playable anyway.. u just cant use the tremolo or u can but not that well.. but i don't use it that much anyways.. but would be nice if it worked properly..
dude, mexi strats are some of the best bang-for-buck guitars, end of. Correct me if I'm wrong but this guitar has a 2 point trem? Also, if you want to use the trem, then i'd really suggest either getting someone to take a look at it or buy that one.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
well it is a pretty nice guitar overall and it is good for rock and blues things and varius stuff.. but i like a kind of metal guitar to.. hmm by 2 point trem u mean that it is only attached to the guitar in 2 points right? well no.. it is attached with 6 screws under the strings, and yeah i am going to ask my teacher.. but having holly day right now.. but in some weeks.. also i might take it to the shop from where i brought it and ask.. but i'll bet they come up with 100 solutions which i have to pay a lot for..
yeah, there is a replacement on guitarfetish for just that bridge. Here's the link
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden