Me and my friends were thinking before we went to college, to go to Europe for 3 and a half weeks. Me and my friend were thinking of flying into London. For Download 09 possibly, because I think the lineup is going to be awesome. Then boat over to France see stuff there, then take a train to the tip of Italy, followed by Switzerland. We would have to cut through Austria to get to Germany. Then we were going to finish it up in Amsterdam. Anyone have any helpful hints/suggestions or anything? The do's and don'ts on Europe? Also if any of you European UG'ers could tell me some awesome places to visit or something, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: This is in the summer of 09, not this summer.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Last edited by swordsrkewl at Aug 11, 2008,
Is your dad Bill Gates?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Is your dad Bill Gates?

No, but I have looked up flight deals and stuff and I think I could have all the money. I do have a job.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Great idea mate, i hope you have a great time and it all works out. However starting on a festival is a bad idea if you want to go for three weeks. Money is the main reason for that especially as the exchange rate is against you from the start anyway. Also second bit of advise is to find a holiday forum not a guitar forum for advise. Your not going to get that much useful info from here.

My best advice for a euro trip is choose two main destinations and have a third part way between them. Perhaps Spain through to Italy then Amsterdam or something similar. I've been everywhere you'v suggested and they're all great places but i'd recommend Italy and Amsterdam as musts!
Gear:
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Marshall 4x12 Cab

Gibson SG Standard + Bare KnucklePickups - Warpigs
Gould Les Paul + BKP's - Crawlers
See Through Acrylic Strat

Zakk Wylda Wah
Original Crybaby
Boss Flanger
Boss Phase Shifter
You're going to need quite a bit of money for traveling and living expenses and such.

My mate is cycling round Europe when he finishes college, he is having to save up soooo much money, but he is getting grants from the government too. Also, my dad is currently sailing round the UK for charity, he started off at Lymington and is now at Newcastle...not that its relevant, i just thought i would say.
Last edited by TheHereAway at Aug 11, 2008,
Go to Britain and drink (no drinking age), then go to France and visit the nude beaches. Then, go to Amsterdam and smoke pot, Finally go to Slovakia and get seduced by hot women who will later lead you to a place where other foreigners can mutilate and torture your body.
Quote by TheHereAway
you're going to need quite a bit of money for traveling and living expenses and such

We plan on using one room and stretching the hell out of our dollar. And it is just a rough outline, we might not stop at all the place I said.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Quote by Hot_Money420
Go to Britain and drink (no drinking age), then go to France and visit the nude beaches. Then, go to Amsterdam and smoke pot, Finally go to Slovakia and get seduced by hot women who will later lead you to a place where other foreigners can mutilate and torture your body.
Also, you could visit Stereotypia where you can know nothing about anywhere else or anyone else but make massive generalisations all day.
Last edited by smb at Aug 11, 2008,
take plenty of money.. thats only thing i can suggest.

you should go see a show in the London West End there is some amazing stuff on sometimes.. also you really have to go on the London Eye it is fantastic.. to be honest i just reckon london is a great place..

enjoy your trip!
paramore Bellz
Quote by smb
Also, you could visit Stereotypia where you can no nothing about anywhere else or anyone else but make massive generalisations all day.

Italy is amazing, just avoid Naples, its great but the government and the Mafia are constantly fighting for control
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Can i add another bit of advise, ask people from Europe. This forum seems to be over run by kids from the US who couldnt poke Europe out on the map, think the nazis still run germany, everyone eats scones and drinks tea in Britain, think London IS England, everyone in Italy is called Mario and eats spaghetti daily and the film Eurotrip is based on a true story.
Gear:
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Marshall 4x12 Cab

Gibson SG Standard + Bare KnucklePickups - Warpigs
Gould Les Paul + BKP's - Crawlers
See Through Acrylic Strat

Zakk Wylda Wah
Original Crybaby
Boss Flanger
Boss Phase Shifter
Quote by Icarus Lives
You can skip Germany, it's pretty unspectacular IMO. There's very little to do except sight-seeing which is very boring to me.

Yes, I have thought of that too. I think I will scratch that off, thanks!
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Nude beaches really aren't worth it btw, it's not like loads of young women lezzing out or anything like that...its normally fat old hairy grans and grandads (mostly men) wobbling about, embracing their nakedness.

Don't go if you want to keep your lunch.

EDIT: im sure i read something in the OP about nude beaches first time round...maybe it was my dirty mind
Quote by TheHereAway
Nude beaches really aren't worth it btw, it's not like loads of young women lezzing out or anything like that...its normally fat old hairy grans and grandads (mostly men) wobbling about, embracing their nakedness.

Don't go if you want to keep your lunch.

EDIT: im sure i read something in the OP about nude beaches first time round...maybe it was my dirty mind

You're not crazy, I saw it too............. Yes I was going to stay away from their anyway.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
Italy is amazing, just avoid Naples, its great but the government and the Mafia are constantly fighting for control

Yeah don't even bother with the southern part of Italy. The only reason anybody goes there is to visit family.

Start in Rome and work your way up.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Here are some of my favorite countries:

Italy
Germany
Austria
France
Croatia
Slovenia
Czech Republic
Switzerland
Quote by ttreat31
Here are some of my favorite countries:

Italy
Germany
Austria
France
Croatia
Slovenia
Czech Republic
Switzerland

Why is Germany a favorite? I am debating going there.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
GO TO AMSTERDAM. My sister went a couple years back and its beautiful there from the pictures i got to see. plus you should try the space cake and the bubblegum flavour of oh you know
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by Arch1119
GO TO AMSTERDAM. My sister went a couple years back and its beautiful there from the pictures i got to see. plus you should try the space cake and the bubblegum flavour of oh you know

Yes, that is the last stop.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Quote by swordsrkewl
Why is Germany a favorite? I am debating going there.

There's lots of awesome sights. I've actually been there three times. Obviously there's Berlin which is a sweet city, but there's a ton of other stuff.

Neuschwanstein Castle:

Rottenburg:

Just a couple for examples. Plus the food (and beer) there is great. Only problem with a Eurotrip is the weakness of the dollar.
Quote by ttreat31
There's lots of awesome sights. I've actually been there three times. Obviously there's Berlin which is a sweet city, but there's a ton of other stuff.
Just a couple for examples. Plus the food (and beer) there is great. Only problem with a Eurotrip is the weakness of the dollar.

Alright, thanks.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
This reminds me of when my friend wanted me to take him on a road trip to Minnesota to meet some girl he met on the internet. Here was what I planned:

You might have to improvise on it a little, but whatever.
^^ That is brilliant. Just what I needed! But meeting people I met over the itnerwebz?! Maybe I would meet a UG'er or two, nothing serial.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Quote by Brain245
This reminds me of when my friend wanted me to take him on a road trip to Minnesota to meet some girl he met on the internet. Here was what I planned:

Lol at this.
+1 for german beer. but i wouldn't go to a country just for that though to be honest.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by Brain245

dam communists and their Nazi ways
Quote by swordsrkewl
Me and my friends were thinking before we went to college, to go to Europe for 3 and a half weeks. Me and my friend were thinking of flying into London. For Download 09 possibly, because I think the lineup is going to be awesome. Then boat over to France see stuff there, then take a train to the tip of Italy, followed by Switzerland. We would have to cut through Austria to get to Germany. Then we were going to finish it up in Amsterdam. Anyone have any helpful hints/suggestions or anything? The do's and don'ts on Europe? Also if any of you European UG'ers could tell me some awesome places to visit or something, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: This is in the summer of 09, not this summer.

Things to see in europe.. hmm.. Well, London is like NY: there is nothing similar to it so i would definately go there. Maybe visit Helsinki, Finland as it is one of my favourite cities in europe. It got this cool north-europe vibe to it. And I would definately visit Paris. Maybe if you had some time go south in France and visit a nice city by the sea, like Nice or something. And Germany is a must. I have never been to berlin before, but munchen is just fantastic. It is so nice. It's kinda different from the rest of Germany, though. And visiting northern Italy is a nice idea, too. Try to stay more or less north in Italy as it tends to get kinda crappy south. Maybe go as far as rome. then I would definately go to Austria and visit Wien as it is one of the nicest cities ever. Visit the Mozart museum and stuff. You could Visit Prague(sp?) and Budapest and Bratislava, too if you have the time. As far as dont's go, I would really not go to all those south-eastern and eastern countries as they are really crappy and poor because of comminsm. Of course, there is not communism now anymore but there was before and they suffer from that. And, oh yeah, spain is nice too if you have the time to do the driving up and down (same goes for Italy). And try not to visit only the big cities and captials, try visiting the country too. Italian, French, Austrian and German country is excellent. Hope that helped.

Summary: Do's: Austria, Finland, Germany, France, England, Italy. If time: Spain, czech republiz (mainly Prague), Hungary (mainly Budapest), Slovakia (mainly bratislava)
Dont's: Eastern Europe (the more east you go the more crappy) and athens. Athens is the biggest ****ing let down ever. While the Islands around Greece are ****ing amazing for chilling.

Hope i did not forget something. You'll find there is much more cool stuff than what I mentioned. I just mentioned the things that a typical american would do in Europe.

EDIT: wall of text
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
Last edited by giiii at Aug 11, 2008,
This isnt where i parked my car...
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Brain245

made my day
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
Quote by Hot_Money420
Go to Britain and drink (no drinking age)

I have lived in england all my life and trust me, there is a drinking age my friend.

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Go to Finland. Finland is amazing.
------------------
Quote by ishalleatyou
I have lived in england all my life and trust me, there is a drinking age my friend.

Have we learned nothing from the historical and fact-based movies like EuroTrip and Hostel?
Speaking of Hostels, should I stay there instead of hotels? I know it's cheaper, but I won't get rapped/mutilated/robbed will I?
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994