Tis a dilemma i can attest as iv been looking for best part of a year for a prtner to my E530. What I can tell you is how it will sound with a EL84 setup. Quite bright is the answer with a vintage vibe about it. Iv tried it in the loop of 6505 which is 6L6s and found it a bit too dark for my liking but then it could have been compounded by the cab, if thats your bag then cool. Id like to try it with EL34s but I dont know anyone local who has a El34 amp.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I just use a small SS Crate Power Block power amp when I re-amp. Very cheap, & the tone is excellent (but then it's driving the signal from a cranked Mojave Scorpion, so it BETTER sound great). I haven't tried my setup w/ a nice EL34 loaded power amp, though, & I think you'll probably have to come up with a bit more cash to get there. I'd really like to get a VHT power amp, or one of the high-end Randalls, but they're in the $1200 US range & higher.
I'd definitely try out some cheap ones first, though, because you may be surprised how good it sounds, & you'll have more cash left over for more fun stuff!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I like heavy hi gain death metal tones so bright really isnt for me. what is the diff tonally between a SS and Power Amp preamps...clipping at high volumes?
Quote by kayman121
I like heavy hi gain death metal tones so bright really isnt for me. what is the diff tonally between a SS and Power Amp preamps...clipping at high volumes?

Then your gonna want SS or something with 6l6's and you dont want clipping on either amp. And it depends on how tight you want your sound and if you want some warmth behind it. Its a toss up with death metal guys some like SS some like Tube you have to let your ears decide.
I don't care as long as it sounds 1)warm...**** sterile crap...2)good at single-family home volumes IE not pissing off family when they are upstairs and im in the basement..and obviously not audible outside (at least not from another home). any suggestions?