i love the feel of a 9.5" radius, but the notes do the famous strat cut out bends on the upper register. i want to do this for my dream guitar, but i have a question.

do all guitars with 9.5" radius bend out, or is it just becuase i dont have a good fretjob or rusted frets, or what? anyone?

does anyone have a 9.5" radius that has good bends?

thanks.
your doing it wrong. you have to keep pressure on the string. it takes a while to get used to, but it shouldn't just stop ringing out on any guitar
It used to be 7.25", but they switched to 9.5 so it wouldn't fret out, so I think this is a case of bad technique.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by ironman1478
your doing it wrong. you have to keep pressure on the string. it takes a while to get used to, but it shouldn't just stop ringing out on any guitar

i keep pressure. theres just something wrong with the neck. i swear its a bad fret.
You could get fretboard with a compound radius.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
You could get fretboard with a compound radius.

thats the problem. i want the feeling all the way up the neck, but i dont want the fret outs.
maybe move to a 12" radius?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
then i guess there is a bad fret like you said. also the smaller the fretboard radius, the easier it is too bend. i use a jackson which has a 16" radius at the base and it is way harder to bend on(even though it is still easy, there is a noticeable difference) then my les paul(also because the jackson has a longer neck)