So I bought a guitar, an Epiphone Les Paul custom. It had fret buzz and such so they did a set up for me for free. I took it to my teacher and he said they did a bad job setting up because there was still bad fret buzz.

It has a Bigsby Tremolo or something so they had to send it away now because the guy at the store couldn't do it well. So now, more than a week later I have my guitar. It is several times worse.

I don't know what the hell they did to it, but I'm pissed. The fret buzz is horrible, it was only on the e string before now its on the 3 lowest. Its really bad and I can hear it even over a loud amp.

Also, even worse, it falls out of tune horrible AS I PLAY!!! I can't get through playing more than a minute without the E string falling out of tune. The A string does this as well.

This is just disgusting, I was supposed to really get playing guitar this summer, but its been ruined by terrible service.
tell them you want your money back because they did such a terrible job and go to a different store, they might hook you up because you're threatening to walk and they wanna keep their customers.

sounds like a nice guitar too, btw.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
yell at epiphone... if you complain enough, they'll give you whatever guitar ya want...
Quote by l3p4rd

sounds like a nice guitar too, btw.

from what he wrote i dont think it sounds all that great (haha bad pun)
but yah like he said just go to the store tell them off say you want your money back, and then see where it goes form there
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
I'd would've personally done it myself. But I'd get my money back and try to fix it yourself from the Interwebz.
Quote by PanHead
An epi les paul custom?

uh huh.

What is that supposed to mean?

Everyone, I said the set up was free. The only money I've paid is the money for the actual guitar. Once I get it back I'll take a picture of what it looks like, I think it looks really nice. My teacher and the people in the store said it was beautiful
Quote by BloodyHarvest
What is that supposed to mean?

Everyone, I said the set up was free. The only money I've paid is the money for the actual guitar. Once I get it back I'll take a picture of what it looks like, I think it looks really nice. My teacher and the people in the store said it was beautiful

It's supposed to be a very nice guitar but it don't sound like it is.
Well it is a very nice guitar. I just wanted it set up when I bought it because I read that I should have that done. It had some fret buzz so I thought why not because its free.

They've totally ruined it now, it was much better before they "set it up".

Well, you can do it yourself. It may not be optimally set up when you do it, but you can get rid of the buzz eaisly enough by raising the action by raising the bridge/tail piece.
maybe you can set it up yourself? try to raise the action and fix the intonation and many of your problems may go away... i'm not familiar with how to adjust action and intonation on an epi... sorry
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Things like this really piss me off. I have been criticised for providing DIY-tips to youngsters, thereby putting them at risk of ruining their guitars while I should have recommended them to go to a real guitar tech. But I've seen so many of those self proclaimed professionals do such a miserable job that I can confidently say once more; google your way to some good tutorials and learn to do a basic set up yourself. Maybe you'll make a mess out of it the first time, but then at least that mess will be free of charge.
Chances are far better that you'll find out right away what a jerk someone has to be to screw up a simple job like that.
^ I agree wholeheartedly and then some. And as far as Bloodyharvest's guitar goes, it's the Bigsby that bothers me. It's an obvious add-on since I don't think Epi offered a les paul with one as standard. How decent of a job did the installer do? Has it been placed correctly?
Gibby has some models which will have the Bigsby trem on them, but not many. Of them, the SG is just killer looking with a Bigsby on it.
If I were you, I'd read up on how to perform adjustments to a guitar with the tune-o-matic/bigsby combo. I'm guessing that's where 100% of your problems lie.
As for falling out of tune fast like that, was the guitar re-strung recently? How are the strings wrapped up at the tuning posts?
I see it now. You bought a used guitar and it's modded with a bigsby? May be a bad installation after seeing so many failed setups.
Did you get at guitar center? they are pretty easy to return things to

if you bought at a local store it shouldn't be to bad either.
but yeah I'd return it