So, I've recently come across a potentially amazing deal with this head, I can get it locally for $300 and seeing how it is about $1200-$1300 new, that is quite amazing.

What are your thoughts on this head? I honestly thing this is waaaay too much power for my needs (bedroom rocker, occasionally shows at school etc.), so I'm wondering how the sound quality would still be playing at low volumes. Another possibility is getting a smaller cab, which would lower the overall power amp. Or, I might even invest in a THD Hotplate to lower the volume but still get a great sound as if it were at a high volume.

I'm new to this whole head/cab deal, so would it still workout using a smaller cab with this head?

Also, how does this head compare to the GH100L? I've heard this head has a lot of gain, which I like, but I play mostly shred stuff like Paul Gilbert, some modern rock, and even blues, so maybe it has more than I need.
Buy it for that price. Buy it now. There's no time to reply to this thread - you must leave now. Go get it. Now. No time to read this post. You should have left by now.

Quite a good deal.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
haha yeah I was thinking about that too!

it's less than a year old with very minor cosmetic damage, and it's a local buy (craigslist is a wonderful place)

anyone have any info? I can't seem to find many demos of this amp online

edit:

I actually just called the guy and he was on his way to sell it, but if the guy doesn't want it, he'd give me a call
Last edited by Khoifish321 at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by Khoifish321
haha yeah I was thinking about that too!

it's less than a year old with very minor cosmetic damage, and it's a local buy (craigslist is a wonderful place)

anyone have any info? I can't seem to find many demos of this amp online

edit:

I actually just called the guy and he was on his way to sell it, but if the guy doesn't want it, he'd give me a call

Go for it, iv heard some clips of its gain and its very good, but even if you dont like it its a worthwile investment (for selling). Buy now! hope you get it.

EDIT, sorry didnt read that last bit, but if its still avaible, well yea...