Wasnt sure if this was the right place to post but here goes..

I just brought home my first microphone, a Nady USB-24m. Yes its cheap. So I plugged it into my usb port and now when I speak or subject the microphone to any noise the pc wont play back. I have two recording softwares and when I use either to record they both show noise is being recorded through the bars that bop up and down to the noise.

I went to control panel (windows xp) and did the whole mic test and it confirmed after I read the paragraph provided into the microphone that it was working however it would not make any noise when I wanted to play it back. My music works properly and I have sound on videos on youtube. Whats wrong here??
You'd be better off posting this in the riffs & recordings forum; they'll give you more and better answers than your likely to get here.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by PoofImGone
Wasnt sure if this was the right place to post but here goes..

I just brought home my first microphone, a Nady USB-24m. Yes its cheap. So I plugged it into my usb port and now when I speak or subject the microphone to any noise the pc wont play back. I have two recording softwares and when I use either to record they both show noise is being recorded through the bars that bop up and down to the noise.

I went to control panel (windows xp) and did the whole mic test and it confirmed after I read the paragraph provided into the microphone that it was working however it would not make any noise when I wanted to play it back. My music works properly and I have sound on videos on youtube. Whats wrong here??

Never heard of this product. I'm not sure if this thing comes with an interface or not, so bear with me I haven't looked specifically into the product. If you're using windows, though, in your taskbar right click the speaker symbol and go to open volume control. After that go to Options -> Properties. Make sure that you have your soundcard listed as the playback device. Then try playing whatever audio you recorded again. If you're using audacity or similar software, you may have to do something similar by choosing the playback and recording devices somewhere in the settings