recently my buddy and I have been gettin into some pretty heated debates about who's the real guitar god... i give the title to Jimmy Page hands down for his diverse abilities on guitar and his ability to produce music that sounds like it was made with the equipment used today. on the other hand my buddy says van halen deserves the title for his innovative style on the electric guitar... i was wonderin how other people felt on this somewhat stereotypical debate
no versus threads
read the rules
i dont need to report you since someone else will

*edit* nvm reported, first time doing it, and i hope im doing it right
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Last edited by F8iscruel at Aug 11, 2008,
jimmy page is great, no doubt about it, but i do feel like he is somewhat over rated, and that there are better guitarists out there. i am a little biased because eddie van halen is my favorite guitarist, but i would have to say that eddie is superior to jimmy. eddies style is so unique that no other guitarist has been able to perfectly emulate it, and some of the stuff he plays is just ridiculous. he doesn't have crazy speed, but he makes sounds with a guitar that I've never heard anyone else make, and his playing is extremely interesting. however, eddie did get the idea for two-handed tapping by watching jimmy page play, which is also interesting.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Last edited by phobiafreak949 at Aug 11, 2008,
eddie is too cheesy. just because it is technical doesn't mean its good. Thats why you can't find a girl that likes death metal.
Quote by F8iscruel
no versus threads
read the rules
i dont need to report you since someone else will

*edit* nvm reported, first time doing it, and i hope im doing it right

god i can't stand these people...."i'm gonna tell on you wah wah wah"... get a life

on another note......i think this is a pretty good topic since they were both pretty innovative. i would say van halen's technically better and sharper but I like jimmy pages music better than ole van halen.
Quote by killboypowerhed
eddie is too cheesy. just because it is technical doesn't mean its good. Thats why you can't find a girl that likes death metal.

dude. Arch Enemy.

anyway, Page is great, but Eddie is better. More entertaining, more interesting style and lets not forget the pyrotechnics
eddie has a sicker rig, and tone.
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Jimmy Page all the way! Eddie was good, but all he really did was play fast. Jimmy had some soul in em' and to me that makes him twice as good as Eddie could ever be. That and his music was way better.
Quote by sowhat360
god i can't stand these people...."i'm gonna tell on you wah wah wah"... get a life

on another note......i think this is a pretty good topic since they were both pretty innovative. i would say van halen's technically better and sharper but I like jimmy pages music better than ole van halen.

no im not like that its the fact that a plethura of vs threads get started clog up the site and no body really needs them,becuase every one has their own opinions and a thread like this can cause a lot of argument and flaming. i just did what i think is right to do. i usually dont do it, but this is textbook example so i cant really ignore it.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
all im tryin to do is get some personal opinions f8iscruel... and whats up with tryin to show off some positive quotes you got man lol ****s lame
Quote by KeeF23
all im tryin to do is get some personal opinions f8iscruel... and whats up with tryin to show off some positive quotes you got man lol ****s lame

i understnad your trying to get personal opinions but, you need to read the rules theres a reason theres no versus threads, trust me im not trying to be a jerk it just the rules, i even defended a guy yesterday because his thread said vs but it was a question on the difference between the two which isnt really a versus thread but this is asking whos better guitarist 1 or guitarist 2 isnt allowed. and also no need to insult my sigging of people who liked my advice this isnt a fight between two people and it shouldnt be.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
i think eddie is better guitarrist because he has a lot of technique. but i really like more the style of jimmy page he feels the music really good.