THE WAH!!!!!!
k so i get that annoying feedback (pretty much a radio station transmitting through my amp) whenever my wah is in treble (toe) position. so i was messing around with my pedal order which was from guitar to amp, tuner > wah > OD....i switched around the wah and OD so it was tuner > OD > wah....and the noise is completly gone...so i was like WTF....i was using the same cables, guitar (LP) and amp. so my question is....what the hell is the matter... cause everyone kinda preaches wah before OD...

if this cant be fixed..i dont mind the new order, because it makes my tone sound very Led Zepplin-esque...
Last edited by AJS19 at Aug 11, 2008,
the order of your pedals does make a big difference. most pro guitarists will always tell you what equiptment they use but a lot of the time they like to keep the set-up a secret. what you've stumbled upon is something that all guitarists mess around with - the order of the pedal chain.

so basically the order of the pedals should be done for sound (like you've done) vs. location
Check your power supply if you not using batteries.
I did a stupid thing by running my tubescreamer with a SWITCHING power supply. Gave me tremendous noise for over two months.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Check your power supply if you not using batteries.
I did a stupid thing by running my tubescreamer with a SWITCHING power supply. Gave me tremendous noise for over two months.

well im using a 1 Spot...lol. whats a switching power supply?
Quote by AJS19
well im using a 1 Spot...lol. whats a switching power supply?

To be simple, it doesn't give the exact type of current your pedal effects wants and generate noises because of that. Although it does work. If it's switched power supply or not it should stand on the label.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

if i understand you correctly your picking up radio stations when your wah is in full treble position...

this happened to me before..(i dont use a wah thou)..ended up being the antenna effect caused by (you guessed it) the way i was routing my cords through my effects,..this usually happens if you have 2 cords going in some soprt of parralel configuration..(i had an A.B. / Y switching box that was the colprit..since yoyur a big zep fan...you win twice!

good luck
Quote by jessexxx
if i understand you correctly your picking up radio stations when your wah is in full treble position...

this happened to me before..(i dont use a wah thou)..ended up being the antenna effect caused by (you guessed it) the way i was routing my cords through my effects,..this usually happens if you have 2 cords going in some soprt of parralel configuration..(i had an A.B. / Y switching box that was the colprit..since yoyur a big zep fan...you win twice!

good luck

yeah no kidding lol double win! yeah im still working out all the bugs in my rig. which i bought in may...hmm i think im a procrastinator. taking that long to fix problems. well im just rambling now. that is all.