i know i post a lot of these. but i really am trying to find the PERFECT guitar head.
i'm running a marshall JCM 800 loaded with v30's.

my local guitar shop has only one kind of high end tube amp head.
a Bugera 6260. 4 tubes. 120 watts. i've heard good things about them
from people on here. its $500. so i could buy it right now and it would be in my hands.

OR

since i'm in a band who plays lots of shows, i'd really like to get my money's worth because you certainly get what you pay for when it comes to this stuff.

so would it be worth it to buy this guitar head for $500, all tube, assuming it sounds really good(i'm gonna try it out today). or would it be worth it to save an extra $500 or $650 and buy something like a peavey 6505+ or a used mesa dual recto.
What stuff do you play? Is the JCM a combo? Because it will be WAY better than the Bugera...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
A Bugera 6262 isn't even close to being 'high-end!' It's pretty much the bottom of the tube head market! A JCM800 will absolutely blow it away, no matter what 800 it is! Your JCM is far better, and in my opinion, better than anything else :P (except a plexi)

Maybe a 6505 or Mesa Rec if you want very high gain though?
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
I wouldn't say the 6262 is bottom of the tube head market. As a matter of fact there are a few people who think it is a fine amp and sounds fantastic. According to his myspace in his sig he plays metal/death/hardcore so I would think that he'd need something to accentuate that style best.
^I see exactly what you mean! However they are at least the bottom of the high gain market. They aren't bad amps, but they are very cheap and cheaply made. They are in no sense high end...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
^I see exactly what you mean! However they are at least the bottom of the high gain market. They aren't bad amps, but they are very cheap and cheaply made. They are in no sense high end...

Exactly. The tone is good, and they're probably a lot better at metalcore than JCM800's. However, they ARE budget amps - and thus are very cheaply made. So no, not high end amps.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
haha. no i don't have a jcm 800 head.
i just have the jcm 800 cab. woops.

but i get the just of what you guys are trying to say.
thank you, that actually helped out a lot.

thanks everybody!
buy the bugera. get a 6262 if you can, it has better cleans but there both really good amps.
if you not a total ass to your amps and tear them up easy then the bugera will last you for a long long long time.
Quote by Fama
Exactly. The tone is good, and they're probably a lot better at metalcore than JCM800's. However, they ARE budget amps - and thus are very cheaply made. So no, not high end amps.

isnt that what your buying the amp for,the tone?
i dont buy a guitar because of the name ,same with an amp.
Quote by Gabel

This is a good point and is worth extra emphasis.

Be careful when buying cheaply built tube amps.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 12, 2008,