So I've had my squier P-bass for almost two and a half years and I feel like it's time to move on. I'm currently looking at two basses.

Ibanez sr505
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SR505-Bass?sku=517942

and a Dean edge Q4 with bartolinis
http://www.guitarplaza.com/deedq4belbag.html

I won't get a chance to test either out because there are no shops anywhere near where I live. I also have a boss me20b pedal and GK backline 112 combo amp. I'm mainly looking for versatility in the tone because I play a lot of different styles. I know buying a bass without trying it is the last thing I should do, but I just can't make the 6 hour drive to the nearest music shop. Any and all opinions would be appreciated
Quote by max355
Hating the 49rs is like hating the retarded kid in class.

The Cowboys, weed, and bass. My three loves
The Ibanez has 5 strings, so that's pretty cool, but I like the Dean better.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
I really doubt that there's not a music store anywhere with-in 6 hours of dallas texas, unless you moved.

I would go with the dean though.
Gear:
Ibanez GSR200FM
Ibanez SW35 amp

Jackson JS30RR
Cheap fender amp

Getting a better guitar amp after christmas.

Without having played either, they both seem about the same to me....I'm gonna guess that the Ibanez will feel better, and the Dean will sound better.

That said, you need a new amp too...
Nope, no sig here.
Yeah I just recently moved out to west Texas.

I know I need a new amp but I figured that a new bass would be the next step for me.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm gonna go search for vids of both on youtube some more and see if I can find out anything.
Quote by max355
Hating the 49rs is like hating the retarded kid in class.

The Cowboys, weed, and bass. My three loves
I wouldn't personally buy either, but I prefer the dean.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
I'm a fan of the Ibanez, they feel better and are constructed out of better materials. They have a monstrous sound for the price too, it gets my seal of approval.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Very nice bass, definitely a step above the dean. I'd try the Ibanez too, though. The Ibanez may be cheaper, but it'll give that Fender a run for its money.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.