Hey guys I'm not that new, but...

I have a Marshall MG100 which many people here aren't fond, but it is now my back up amp to my Randall RM100KH. My question is, the Marshall has some effects built into it, that are not the greatest, but are quite useable so could i some how use the effects on the MG through my Randall? An example would be use the Randall clean with the chorus on the mg. The randall has a series and parallel fx loop and the mg has an fx loop. Is this possible?

Thanks
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Ive never heard of using the fx on one amp and then looping them to another amp. There could be some issues with the mg being ss and the randall being tube. Plus, it would also mean that you are going thru the mg still and you still get that ****ty tone that the mg gives you. All in all, get some pedals and get even better fx than the mg.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
you could try runnin the marshall thru the randall's effect loop
but i am 100% sure it would sound like complete crap
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
i dont think you could sell the mg for enough to get a good multi fx pedal honestly lol
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Ghold125
O.o
sell the mg and get a good multi effects

I agree. Imho, Marshalls are overrated anyway.
If running them through the effects loop dosnt work you can always run the amps in stereo and just up the effects a bit on the marshall so they shine through the mix.. I do this one my Ultra+Valveking setup reverb and delay on the Ultra and nothing on the valveking and it sounds perfect for my needs.
I am going to get some better pedals soon, but I've got a hole in my pocket from buying the Randall. This was just a temporary kind of thing. Do multi fx units sound best in the fx loop or in the front?
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Quote by IbanezPsycho
If running them through the effects loop dosnt work you can always run the amps in stereo and just up the effects a bit on the marshall so they shine through the mix.. I do this one my Ultra+Valveking setup reverb and delay on the Ultra and nothing on the valveking and it sounds perfect for my needs.

Thanks, how exactly do you run them in stereo? I only have one speaker cable.
SPAM:

Quote by MorgMetal_666
I am going to get some better pedals soon, but I've got a hole in my pocket from buying the Randall. This was just a temporary kind of thing. Do multi fx units sound best in the fx loop or in the front?

Depends on what effects of the multi fx your using.. Modulation in the loop, most everything else infront...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Are they both combos? or Two heads and a cab? If so which cab?

The Randall is a 100 watt tube head and the mg is the 100 watt ss combo. The cab is an Engl 4x12 which has a stereo function on it. The mg is close back and the speaker cable attaches to the back panel at the top but runs down behind the closed back to the speaker. Should I open up the back of the marshall to see if I can run it to 412 cab?
SPAM:

Quote by MorgMetal_666
The Randall is a 100 watt tube head and the mg is the 100 watt ss combo. The cab is an Engl 4x12 which has a stereo function on it. The mg is close back and the speaker cable attaches to the back panel at the top but runs down behind the closed back to the speaker. Should I open up the back of the marshall to see if I can run it to 412 cab?

Run the cab in stereo, purchase another speaker 1/4 cable, Plug in one speaker cable to the randall and run it to the cab, take the other speaker cable and run it from the marshall to the cab (to do this unplug the speaker cable going into the back of the combo and replace with speaker cable going to cab.

Input wise do any of the amps have a dual input setup... If not your gonna need a y splitter or a/b/y box.
Only one input for each amp on the front. Is that what you mean?
SPAM:

I'm gonna need a suggestion on that I've never had to use one. thanks for all your help
SPAM: