Im a self taught guitarist so its kinda dificult for me to undestand some of the music stuff. i was looking at a guitar pro tab and in Man in the box in the solo there are 11 eigth notes in one measue, i dont know how that adds up or how to count it. it goes like this l bbb-bb-bbb-bbb l and those sets are all beamed. the first 5 notes have and undeline thing that says 5, idk what that means, an the next two sets of three have an underline thing with a 3.... please enlighten me....

thanks
Quote by bignick1244
Im a self taught guitarist so its kinda dificult for me to undestand some of the music stuff. i was looking at a guitar pro tab and in Man in the box in the solo there are 11 eigth notes in one measue, i dont know how that adds up or how to count it. it goes like this l bbb-bb-bbb-bbb l and those sets are all beamed. the first 5 notes have and undeline thing that says 5, idk what that means, an the next two sets of three have an underline thing with a 3.... please enlighten me....

thanks

sounds like an eighth note quintuplet and two eighth note triplets

i.e. 5 notes played in time of 4, followed by 3 notes in the time of two then another 3 notes in the time of two
sounds difficult to do... but at least now i unsestand what the stuff means.

well thanks man, i appreciate your help!
Quote by inflatablefilth
sounds like an eighth note quintuplet and two eighth note triplets

i.e. 5 notes played in time of 4, followed by 3 notes in the time of two then another 3 notes in the time of two

Hmm I read that as triplet - straight 8ths - triplet - triplet.

As in 3 notes in time of two, 2 notes, then another two sets of three notes in time of two. However I don't know the song in question so I imagine I'm wrong
Up The Boro!
Quote by Oddsbodkins
Hmm I read that as triplet - straight 8ths - triplet - triplet.

As in 3 notes in time of two, 2 notes, then another two sets of three notes in time of two. However I don't know the song in question so I imagine I'm wrong

I would have thought that too but he said the first 5 notes have 'an underline thing that says 5' - which sounds like a group bracket to me