I thought itd be cool if there was a challenging piece of music that we could play every month on UG, that would test and place us into catergories based on skill level, to acheive the points you would have to have a microphone and play it into the computer and the site would have to read all the notes to make sure they were all cleanly hit. Could this ever be possible? just thought itd be cool.
seems like a **** load of work to make
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
No. Because:

1) Not everyone has recording software
2) Not everyone wishes to participate
3) People don't play guitar to rank themselves among others. It's not a competition.
D) We'd never decide on the challenging piece of music because of everyone's tastes
5) We'd all get bored of it quickly
Go play guitar hero on xbox 360. We don't need that crap here.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by sashki
No. Because:

3) People don't play guitar to rank themselves among others. It's not a competition.
D) We'd never decide on the challenging piece of music because of everyone's tastes
+1
mics come with computers if im not mistaken, it would only be for people who want to participate, if u wouldnt want to compete dont join, this would have no effect on someone's willingness to play guitar
music isnt a competition

/thread
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by sashki
No. Because:

And +1

Sounds like lot of work, etc. etc. etc. In other words, sounds good. But when looked at, F*ck NO!
Quote by sashki
No. Because:

If that wasn't intentional, you fail. And I think it would be cool. Everybody doesn't have to participate. Whether it is possible or not is the question
Quote by MrTin
If that wasn't intentional, you fail. And I think it would be cool. Everybody doesn't have to participate. Whether it is possible or not is the question

If you wanna show off your MAD SQILZ, go to someone's profile, listen to a song, write "liek omg u suk i play it better lol" and record your own version. It doesn't have to be official.

Or did you want your 5 minutes of glory on the internet? Why not do something original and put it up on YouTube? (like Canon Rock was a few years ago)
i dunno whats up with this +1, all those points are terrible, you immediately look at it n say " oh music isnt for competition" no **** its not, this kids only stating the obvious, i would just like to know where i rank with other guitarist
Quote by steve98614
i dunno whats up with this +1, all those points are terrible, you immediately look at it n say " oh music isnt for competition" no **** its not, this kids only stating the obvious, i would just like to know where i rank with other guitarist

Why not just ask people to give an honest account of the most difficult songs they can play?

I've noticed that here, most people are either master shredders or absolute beginners. Few are in between.

The most difficult stuff I can play is "I believe in a thing called love" by The Darkness. I can play loads of songs, but few solos. I always get stuck halfway through a song because I can't play the solo.
Quote by steve98614
mics come with computers if im not mistaken, it would only be for people who want to participate, if u wouldnt want to compete dont join, this would have no effect on someone's willingness to play guitar

not all compters come with mics. and even if they do. all they really are ment for is speach. they can't handle guitar. it just gets really distored and sounds like shat
thank you sashki, i finally get a response without someone being a complete assholee
Quote by steve98614

hes right i personally like the idea, but if u dont want to participate, just dont. u dont need to bash Stevewatever for posting his ideas. and

a) almost everyones computer has a mic
b) audacity is free, good quality recording software
c) if thers no mic, buy an adapter at Radioshack for $1 to plug in directly to your computer's mic port (which is what i do cuz the quality is better anyway)

as to the song, i think it should be more like a UG mod created jam, just some guitar playing, that way there would be far less controversy on style, artists, etc.
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Last edited by 6_Feet_Below at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by sashki
No. Because:

I pretty much disagree with everything in this list, except for points 1) and 2), which you obviousy can't disagree with, but would not be a problem, just some people would not take part.
helloooooooo audacity
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by steve98614
thank you sashki, i finally get a response without someone being a complete assholee

Why are you being so hostile? I was presenting my opinion. And it looks like a few people share it...
I'd win because I'd use the Hyperspeed cheat.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by metaldud536
Sig is fail.

Don't use music to get into a girl's pants; use it to get into their heads.- Some UG user.

I never said that was the only reason to play music, just a nice side effect really
People play guitar here?

What am I doing here then?

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
That wouldn't work, but I think there should be a "Recommendations" section split into different difficulties and whatnot to be updated every so often.

I dunno, makes sense to me, as it could stop people posting "which song" threads all the time.
Quote by sashki
No. Because:

1) because you're poor
2) because you're lazy
3) because you know everyone's better than you
D) why did you put 'D'?
5) THEN GTFO

i think it'd be cool.