Im currently playing an epiphone les paul special II (my first guitar) and i want to know what guitar would suit my style. I play mostly metal and hard rock but i also want a guitar that can handle blues, etc. My budget is about €650 but i could stretch that if i needed to. Also, i want to avoid any double locking tremolos! Too much hassle! Im young so i cant gather up much money. What do you think?
HSS strat?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
hmmm 650 euros im not sure how much that is in pounds like 500 or something. so you want a versatile guitar i would suggest maybe a fender strat or a PRS SE i was kinda in the same posistion as you a few months ago and i went for a fender telecaster its great but not to everyones taste
Quote by sashki
What kind of amp have you got? I know I shouldn't be saying this, but 650 euros can get you a good amp which will greatly improve your tone.

As for guitars, I suggest Schecter.

Thanks for feedback, My amp is a Roland MicroCube! My friends laugh becoz its so small but its actually a great first amp. Sounds great and has plenty of effects to mess with. Can a strat play metal? I've heard people saying that it cant but my guitar teacher has one and he says its fine for metal. Confusion!!
Quote by madbomber233
Thanks for feedback, My amp is a Roland MicroCube! My friends laugh becoz its so small but its actually a great first amp. Sounds great and has plenty of effects to mess with. Can a strat play metal? I've heard people saying that it cant but my guitar teacher has one and he says its fine for metal. Confusion!!

Depends on the strat, really. Strats tend to be aimed at a more vintage sound. However, they are easy to modify to sound good for metal. A lot of people do that. I like strats myself, I find them very comfortable to play, but I could never get a really heavy metal tone out of a regular one...it has to have different pickups.
Quote by madbomber233
Im currently playing an epiphone les paul special II (my first guitar) and i want to know what guitar would suit my style. I play mostly metal and hard rock but i also want a guitar that can handle blues, etc. My budget is about €650 but i could stretch that if i needed to. Also, i want to avoid any double locking tremolos! Too much hassle! Im young so i cant gather up much money. What do you think?

JOCKER! THAT'S WHAT I HAVE!!! lol.

But an HSS or an Epi Les Paul Custom can do you good.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Shecter C1 classic

EDIT: or a PRS

they can play anything but death metal
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.