Page 1 of 4
you know guitarists that never seem to be mentioned at all for their playing ability----

mine would have to be noel gallagher from oasis or rivers cuomo from weezer
none of them can really play that fast but they both really have an ear for melody
me... i wish

probably James Hetfield or Kirk Hammet

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Acquiescence
wut

do you think they're noobs or gods? kirk hammet certainly isnt a god, maybe hetfield tho

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Greg Tribbet from Mudvayne. He has some coo, simple riffs.

Basically any nu-metal guitarist.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Bille Joe Armstrong, Ray Toro, SLASH (Im kiding....) Rivers (weezer), and who ever plays guitar for Linkin Park
daron malakian...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Brad Delson (Linkin Park), Rivers Cuomo, Dean DeLeo, and Kim Thayil.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by rockfan7
Bille Joe Armstrong, Ray Toro, SLASH (Im kiding....) Rivers (weezer), and who ever plays guitar for Linkin Park

rivers is actually a really really good guitarist, he's very overlooked though.

the dude from the flatliners, i dunno his name, but he does like triplet ska strokes, it's weird.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Kurt Cobain
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Quote by inflatablefilth
John Lennon

Poor John,George always gets the attention when it comes to guitar.Even tough John played many instruments and sang and composed maaaany songs,He didn't get much reputation as the rythm guitar of The Beatles =/
Edit:By the way,I'd have to say John Lennon too.Love to play rythm guitar (:
Last edited by Lucas Townshend at Aug 11, 2008,
rivers- weezer
the guy writes awesome, hummable solo's and some of them really shred. Very under-rated.
Quote by winstack
rivers- weezer
the guy writes awesome, hummable solo's and some of them really shred. Very under-rated.

which weezer songs have shred in them?
I think James Hetfield is totally underrated because everyone thinks of Kirk when they think of metallica. Kirk is way overrated IMO.
ian d`sa from billy tallent is an amzn guitarist but never gets credit for it !!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by metallicafan616
do you think they're noobs or gods? kirk hammet certainly isnt a god, maybe hetfield tho

Wow bud, Kirk Hammett would be more of a god if anything, both are great though. I would say the Amott brothers from Arch Enemy, names dont get tossed aroudn to much but holy **** they're great.
Ray Toro and Dave Baksh.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Dave Mustaine. He is one of the most overlooked Metal guitarists in terms of ability. He has the perfect combo of skill in both guitar playing and song writing. He sometimes has a bit of a personality problem though.

Pete Townshend, The guys from trivium (really pretty good guitarists, albeit not the best songwriters), Phil Demmel and Rob Flynn from Machine head.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Beebaboo
Dave Mustaine. He is one of the most overlooked Metal guitarists in terms of ability. He has the perfect combo of skill in both guitar playing and song writing. He sometimes has a bit of a personality problem though.

I love Megadeth, but I wouldn't say he's overlooked for his ability...He's got some of the tightest rhythm chops in metal. Although it seems that his personality kind of outweighs his playing, no-one ever denies that he's a great guitarist.
Quote by oneblackened
The guys from trivium (really pretty good guitarists, albeit not the best songwriters)

Maybe not so much Matt but Corey is definitely awesome.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
mick mars
Quote by angus is god
maybe she passed out in the bathroom. You should have found her then had one of your friends yell "FINISH HER!" like from mortal combat and then jizz on her
Quote by Gregray88
Wow bud, Kirk Hammett would be more of a god if anything, both are great though. I would say the Amott brothers from Arch Enemy, names dont get tossed aroudn to much but holy **** they're great.

Tom Morello
Matt Bellamy
John Frusciante

Holy ****!!
here come the fanboys!!!

runs
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Tom Delonge & Ryan Jarman
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Maybe not so much Matt but Corey is definitely awesome.

+1. Corey's cool.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by FireandFlames
Brownsound, formerly of Sum 41.

+1

forgot about him
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Epiphany521
frank iero

+1. Love the guy, and he has incredible energy and stage presence, but he's just not that great of a player. I hate how all his little teenies go on about HEZ SOOOOO GUD OMFG I FUKIN LUV HIM, and ignore Ray's playing. IMO I would put RayBil above "mediocre", but hey that's just me.

Also:

Jade Puget
Greg Ginn
Billie Joe
the guys from Hot Water Music
Steve Righ?
Quinn Allman
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
Quote by idonthavefleas
+1. Love the guy, and he has incredible energy and stage presence, but he's just not that great of a player. I hate how all his little teenies go on about HEZ SOOOOO GUD OMFG I FUKIN LUV HIM, and ignore Ray's playing. IMO I would put RayBil above "mediocre", but hey that's just me.

Also:

Jade Puget
Greg Ginn
Billie Joe
the guys from Hot Water Music
Steve Righ?
Quinn Allman

Fuck yeah, Jade Puget. I completely forgot about him.
Quote by FireandFlames
Fuck yeah, Jade Puget. I completely forgot about him.

The solo in Dancing Through Sunday is quite good if I do say so. Definitely made me do a double-take, haha
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
Page 1 of 4