ok so i need some help, here's my situation. I have a crappy 80$ guitar thats a b!itch to use cause the neck is crewed up and its very annoying and sometimes i cant even get a response from the amp with it.(but thats no the amp cause it works fine with other guitars) My amp is a line 6 spider 3 and its crap and i just got in a band and when i crank it theres a crazy amount of feedback and its annoying without a foot pedal. So i need to decide on a new ampp or guitar for my birthday, what do you think? Under 1200$
Quote by blackenedktulu
I Don't Really Know But Capitalising The First Letter In Every Word Is Really Annoying.

As For Me I Like To Play My Own Songs, As I Am Not Into Show Boating.
the feedbacks got more to do with the guitar than the amp, so bin the crappy guitar and get sumthin that wont feedback as much
Quote by jamiec123
the feedbacks got more to do with the guitar than the amp, so bin the crappy guitar and get sumthin that wont feedback as much

i know what u mean but the feedback is when im at band practice with my friends strat, the amps fine for practice but the guitar isnt and then at band practice its the other way around
Quote by blackenedktulu
I Don't Really Know But Capitalising The First Letter In Every Word Is Really Annoying.

Quote by jamiec123

That is completly untrue.

Anyway, you can get both a good amp and a good guitar for under $1200, what styles do you play, and are you willing to buy used gear?
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
For $1200 I'm pretty sure you could get both.
Especially if that's just your first guitar (the $80 one. I assume it's your first because it's cheap and screwed up). You don't need a $1200 guitar as your second guitar =/
You've got plenty for both a nice guitar and amp, we need some genres though
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
You've got plenty for both a nice guitar and amp, we need some genres though

yeah i play hard/classic rock mostly guns and roses, also led zeppelin,acdc, van halen
Quote by blackenedktulu

peavey classic 30 and a strat?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30112-Tube-Amp-Combo-?sku=481014

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037

then you've got a few bucks for cables, maybe a pedal of some sort, guitar strap, all that good stuff.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Last edited by l3p4rd at Aug 11, 2008,