can this do like classic rock (acdc, led zepplin, etc.), but also other rock as well... (foo fighters, rhcp, etc.)???

the reason im asking is because i cant get very much crunch right now(with the bad monkey).... but then again my amp is on low volume in the many (bedroom, basement, and garage) and it cant really saturate at low volumes.

so basically i think i wanna get the little big muff and use my badmonkey as more of a lead boost maybe. idk. maybe i just have GAS for the little big muff...
You could try it, since they're pretty decent pedals for the price but I would atleast try it in the store first. The muff has a unique fuzz tone and I don't think it's the sound your looking for. Try it out though, you might like it. I think the RHCP used a muff at some point but i'm not familiar with the band or it's gear.

However as far as Zep and AC/DC go, the gain in your Classic 30 should work just fine. I have a Classic 50 and get great Page tones just from the lead channel indoors.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by zeppelinpage4
You could try it, since they're pretty decent pedals for the price but I would atleast try it in the store first. The muff has a unique fuzz tone and I don't think it's the sound your looking for. Try it out though, you might like it. I think the RHCP used a muff at some point but i'm not familiar with the band or it's gear.

However as far as Zep and AC/DC go, the gain in your Classic 30 should work just fine. I have a Classic 50 and get great Page tones just from the lead channel indoors.

when you have a second, post the settings and ill try um if its not too much trouble. im not very good at EQing my amp either so any help/advice would be awesome. thanks in advance.

EDIT: and yes RHCP is like one of my favorite bands. frusciante used to use one...dont know if he does any more though. im not THAT big of a fan haha. but yeah thats kinda what i wanted it for.
Last edited by AJS19 at Aug 11, 2008,
^ You could try the muff for the RHCP tones but i'll post my settings for you in just a minute, it's no prob.

Edit:

Ok now the EQ on my CLassic 50 is slightly different to the 30 so i'll try and adapt the settings on my amp for the 30 as best as possible.

Normal- 3

Pre- 9

Post- 9

Reverb- 0

Bass- 9

Middle- 3

Treble- 9

You might need to adjust the treble and volumes as needed but the Pre and Post should give you just the right amount of gain in that position.

Oh and make sure your on the gain/lead channel.

Best of luck with the muff and EQ.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by zeppelinpage4
^ You could try it for the RHCP tones but i'll post my settings for you in just a minute, it's no prob.

thanks so much man. yeah a week or so ago i had an insane zepplin tone going...but then my sibs fiddled with the knobs...and it was lost forever damn little siblings....
^ Haha happens, though i'm sure having to reEQ the amp so many times only makes you better at working with settings over time. Also yes the Classic series always seems to nail the Zep tones each time I see someone using it. There are some clips on youtube of Zep covers being done with the amp that sound spot on.

BTW I edited my post.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
^ Haha happens, though i'm sure having to reEQ the amp so many times only makes you better at working with settings over time. Also yes the Classic series always seems to nail the Zep tones each time I see someone using it. There are some clips on youtube of Zep covers being done with the amp that sound spot on.

BTW I edited my post.

thanks, ill have to check out those zep covers.
yeah the classic 30 doesnt have a "volume knob" on the gain channel per se the pre acts as the master volume and the post acts as the gain..maybe its the other way around cant remember cause im at work right now
Quote by AJS19
thanks, ill have to check out those zep covers.
yeah the classic 30 doesnt have a "volume knob" on the gain channel per se the pre acts as the master volume and the post acts as the gain..maybe its the other way around cant remember cause im at work right now

Yup same on my amp.

So long as the Pre and Post are both around 9 you should be fine.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yup same on my amp.

So long as the Pre and Post are both around 9 you should be fine.

k sounds good cept that a 9 on that amp in the bedroom would:
#1: shake the walls
#2: make me go deaf (even with ear plugs)
but o well. when i go to my church or gym again ill bring the C30 along and crank that son o' debitch
Quote by AJS19
k sounds good cept that a 9 on that amp in the bedroom would:
#1: shake the walls
#2: make me go deaf (even with ear plugs)
but o well. when i go to my church or gym again ill bring the C30 along and crank that son o' debitch

On the gain channel can you adjust the normal to change the volume or do you always have to rely on the Post knob?

I have a Master volume which sort of changes the volume level one the whole amp so even if the lead channel is loud I can just lower the volume of the amp.

Edit:

Just realized what you're talking about...ok I think then you'll want to keep the Post around 4 or 5. Not sure how well it'll work out but I think you'll do fine so long as the Pre is on 9.

Sorry about the confusion, I didn't know the Classic 30 has one volume for the gain.

Just keep the Pre at 9 then and adjust the Post as needed.

Hope that works out for you.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
On the gain channel can you adjust the normal to change the volume or do you always have to rely on the Post knob?

I have a Master volume which sort of changes the volume level one the whole amp so even if the lead channel is loud I can just lower the volume of the amp.

Edit:

Just realized what you're talking about...ok I think then you'll want to keep the Post around 4 or 5. Not sure how well it'll work out but I think you'll do fine so long as the Pre is on 9.

Sorry about the confusion, I didn't know the Classic 30 has one volume for the gain.

Just keep the Pre at 9 then and adjust the Post as needed.

Hope that works out for you.

yep the bolded statements are true. and im really bored at work...5:30 couldnt come soon enough...only 15 more minutes!