Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like Nascar?
yes, it's fantastic!
30 18%
eww, boring
135 81%
Voters: 166.
Page 1 of 2
I was just wondering what everyone thought of Nascar on here. Personally, I think it's a waste of gas. I can't imagine sitting in front of the tv for hours watching cars run around a track for hundreds of times. My whole family is nuts about it, but I don't see what the big deal is.
I dont think anyone likes Georgia. That is the coolest thing to happen there since sliced bread.

srsly
I'm not in a sexual relationship with my cousin.

So no.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by YourDad
I'm not in a sexual relationship with my cousin.

So no.

I will father your children.
Here Comes A Left Turn!!!!!!!!
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
I used to.

Watching it on T.V. is incredibly boring but I went to a race or two and it's actually pretty fun in real life. You feel the air from the car as it goes by only 30 feet away and there are a few more technicalities to it then just going in circles.

I'm not much into racing these days but I really like the F1 races if it's on. Curvy track FTW...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
sorry, but redneck sport to most people.

indy or F1 seems more exciting to watch.

this is from a tv point of view - i went to a nascar track and it was much better

still........."going in circles for 200laps" - woah sleep time!
I do not.

I live in Georgia though. So I know tons of people who do. I went to high school with a kid who'd skip like every Friday to go to a NASCAR race. He went to 'college' at the NASCAR Tech school in NC.
I'm not a fan of NASCAR... it's just a bunch of moving billboards making left turns at 100mph for about 4 hours.

I see enough billboards here, so I'm not enthusiastic about ones that move.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
heck no. i live in alabama so everyone here is a fanatic but i think its stupid. wow i can make a left turn 300 times whoopdy doo. indy car racing on the other hand is epic.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
they should put a right turn in there to make it interesting
"WOAH WHAT THE F*** IS THAT THING!"

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I voted yes, even though I don't watch sports of any kind. I just like the crashes, and being there in person to see a race would be really fun!
But I'd never watch it on TV.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by zackmuise
Here Comes A Left Turn!!!!!!!!

Oh no, another left turn!

how exciting, I wonder what happens next?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
I remember when Futurama was still on Fox, and I'd put it on to see a new episode, but instead some stupid Nascar race was still going on, cuz 500 laps isn't good enough. They need to go in circles 700 times. That pissed me off.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
I can look out my window and see cars driving and I can go to the trailer park if I wanna see white trash yell and drink beer.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
nascar shouldnt be a sport, theres nothing athletic about sitting on your ass and keeping a wheel turned slightly left for 5 hours
my hovercraft is full of eels
It's a lot more technical then just a left turn. People who say it's just going around circles are more retarded then the rednecks that they make fun of.

But the one motorsport I can't stand is drag racing, illegal or not. It's all about who has the bigger ****. Pointless.

I agree though that it's a waste of gas. They should cancel a season or two to help with the gas issues
there making a left turn, there making a left turn, there making another left turn. go ahead and get soemthing to eat you wont mis a damn thing.

haha i love jefafa dunHAM
but seriously i cant get why people watch that show, i just dont get it, i mean a racing video game is one thing but doing that, i would fall asleep at the wheel. no offense to anyone who likes it just an opinion
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by davedoom
sorry, but redneck sport to most people.

indy or F1 seems more exciting to watch.

this is from a tv point of view - i went to a nascar track and it was much better

still........."going in circles for 200laps" - woah sleep time!

you don't have to apologize to me. I wish my family would realize how dumb it is...they don't even go to races, they just sit in front of tv for the pre-race interviews, the race, and then the after-race interviews. I would consider that a form of torture.
EDIT: but then again, I don't like to watch any sports except for the Olympic games, especially taekwondo
Quote by dogismycopilot
I dont think anyone likes Georgia. That is the coolest thing to happen there since sliced bread.

srsly

Not even Russia likes them.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by emily92
you don't have to apologize to me. I wish my family would realize how dumb it is...they don't even go to races, they just sit in front of tv for the pre-race interviews, the race, and then the after-race interviews. I would consider that a form of torture.
EDIT: but then again, I don't like to watch any sports except for the Olympic games, especially taekwondo

i would rather go through chinese water torture, at least then i would be cool by the end of it and id probally lose weight for it too
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
im not trailer trash, so no
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Quote by _A.D.I.D.A.S._
It's a lot more technical then just a left turn. People who say it's just going around circles are more retarded then the rednecks that they make fun of.

But the one motorsport I can't stand is drag racing, illegal or not. It's all about who has the bigger ****. Pointless.

I agree though that it's a waste of gas. They should cancel a season or two to help with the gas issues

oh I'm not saying that driving those cars is easy! I can't even drive a regular car in an empty parking lot without blowing out a tire. I'm sure racing is exciting for the people driving....I just don't know how people could watch it
Quote by Chrisiphone
they should put a right turn in there to make it interesting
"WOAH WHAT THE F*** IS THAT THING!"

Quote by TEK34
The commentators are funny.

"OOOHHHHHHH MAH GAWD!!!! ITS A CRAE-USH!!!!"

"That ,mike, loooked like an accident"

LMAO for real!
Quote by Happy Meal
im not trailer trash, so no

I'm tired of people making comments like this. Enjoying a particular sport doesn't associate with being "trailer trash" or "banging your cousins" at all. If you don't like it fine, I don't really, but don't make such ignorant statements.
I wanted to get a Nascar game because I thought it would be fun on the PlayStation.

I got a Nascar game for the PlayStation, and I don't like it anymore.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I don't hate it, but I don't watch it. I watch F1 and rallying and touring cars.
Quote by Jackolas
Any MotoGP fans here? It's great to watch when it's on BBC2.

Oh yes, I'm a huge fan. Bike racing FTW!

If you've got Eurosport you should watch it on there. Toby Moody and Julian Ryder are the greatest commentators on the planet, plus you get to see the 125's and 250's, with all the practice and qualifying sessions too.

EDIT: No I don't like NASCAR, but if they raced on proper circuits I might be interested. 40 of those cars going into Laguna Seca's corkscrew on the first lap would be awesome.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Last edited by Vince Noir at Aug 11, 2008,
Not a fan but I do appreciate the engineering involved.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
nascar shouldnt be a sport, theres nothing athletic about sitting on your ass and keeping a wheel turned slightly left for 5 hours

I don't know about you but sitting in 100 degree hunk of metal for four hours isn't all that easy.

The physical training isn't as rigid or tough but it still takes some endurance to be in a an unbearably hot car for hours while wearing a fire suit. There's little tactics and maneuvers as well like tailing a car and some physics can be involved.

Also it's not just left turns, most of the sport is in the pit crews and mechanics, there's a lot of minor details and adjustments that go on behind the scenes. Watching the sport is still boring but as a driver or member of a team I could see that challenge in it.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I'm tired of people making comments like this. Enjoying a particular sport doesn't associate with being "trailer trash" or "banging your cousins" at all. If you don't like it fine, I don't really, but don't make such ignorant statements.

you must be trailer trash
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
I don't know about you but sitting in 100 degree hunk of metal for four hours isn't all that easy.

The physical training isn't as rigid or tough but it still takes some endurance to be in a an unbearably hot car for hours while wearing a fire suit. There's little tactics and maneuvers as well like tailing a car and some physics can be involved.

Also it's not just left turns, most of the sport is in the pit crews and mechanics, there's a lot of minor details and adjustments that go on behind the scenes. Watching the sport is still boring but as a driver or member of a team I could see that challenge in it.

+1 There's obviously some challenge in it if guys as good as Montoya, Hornish and Franchitti are struggling to get anywhere in the sport.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Nah. I like racing, but there's too much interferences with the races for me to even consider it fair.

Pit stops, caution flags, etc. Kinda takes away the fairness of the race IMO. Seems like they spend more time just waiting for cleanup or going into the pits than they do actually racing.

I prefer drag or street racing a lot more. If NASCAR would lower the laps to around 20 or 30 per race, allow more custom parts on the cars, allow any type of cars (sports cars, muscle cars, etc. instead of just stock cars) and ran only road courses, then I would watch a lot.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Page 1 of 2