I've heard that you need to fix alot on the Mesa Boogie amps, to make them stay "clean".... is that so?
haha i don't know where you've heard that, i think they're pretty solid in all areas. can you specify which model?
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Quote by SideshowRaven24
haha i don't know where you've heard that, i think they're pretty solid in all areas. can you specify which model?

he didn't mention any specific model, he just said that they were that in general
Quote by FireandFlames
You mean fix a lot to get a good clean tone out of them? what?

nah, he ment like fix a lot to make them just simply work... ^^
Quote by mongo_man
I've heard that you need to fix alot on the Mesa Boogie amps, to make them stay "clean".... is that so?

So you dont like boogies? Cool dude your missing alot but everyone has their own taste. But my mesa express has cleans I would put up against almost any other amp except maybe a high quality fender. Ever since I got a mesa boogie amp I have been nothing more but satisfied and I cant wait to get a single rec or something.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
The Recto series has a notoriously lackluster clean channel. Some people prefer setting one of the high gain channels with a low gain and rolling back on the volume for cleans.
Quote by Slanderous666
So you dont like boogies? Cool dude your missing alot but everyone has their own taste. But my mesa express has cleans I would put up against almost any other amp except maybe a high quality fender. Ever since I got a mesa boogie amp I have been nothing more but satisfied and I cant wait to get a single rec or something.

I love boogies, but what I ment was that I've heard that you always have to screw and fix on them... but that might not be the case ^^ what boogie have you got?
Quote by mongo_man
I love boogies, but what I ment was that I've heard that you always have to screw and fix on them... but that might not be the case ^^ what boogie have you got?

Mesa Express 5:25 1X12 Very nice amp and extremely versitile although it does lack the high gain of some of its brothers and sisters. An OD pedal should fix this soon though. I found the settings found in the manual are awesome as a starting point and even on their own. I think all amps require a certain amount of tweaking depending on its level. I wouldn say it takes anymore tweaking then say your average tubed marshall or bogner type amp.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
my boogie's 14 years old; it's close to being my age (it's younger by a few years)!!!

It still works and slays most other amps out there; aside from like a Bogner or a Diezel, but hell, what CAN?
Quote by RG_FANMAN
my boogie's 14 years old; it's close to being my age (it's younger by a few years)!!!

It still works and slays most other amps out there; aside from like a Bogner or a Diezel, but hell, what CAN?

what boogie have you got?
I tried a dual rectifier in a store and one of the valves was blown. i lost faith in boogies
- Duvmunch
- Jackson RR24
- Marshall VS100 + Marshall 1960A Cab
Quote by Duvmunch
I tried a dual rectifier in a store and one of the valves was blown. i lost faith in boogies

Valves can blow in ANY amp.
Quote by mongo_man

I think you just misunderstood something.
I think this is about the Mark series amp, because you have to tweak them alot to get a good balance between good cleans and good lead. mostly on the mark I, II and III since you have 1 EQ for 3 channels + a 5 band graphic EQ.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by mongo_man
what boogie have you got?

a DC-5.. it's in my sig.

I actually think the tubes in it are that old too.

Either way, it sounds amazing.