So, I know that the spider models are pretty much pieces of **** connected to speakers. but what about the higher end Line 6's?

The Vetta, Valve 212 and Flextone?

Are any of those 3 even worth considering?

I'm considering getting a new amp, and my budget depends on my car insurance and things, so it could be anywhere from 700-1300 maybe. But id really like to keep it under 1000

I'm looking for an amp, or a half stack possibly, that can do great metal tones.
The gain level im looking for is a good modern metal, more like As I Lay Dying, Trivium, or All That Remains. Admittedly, those arent exactly metal bands, but i do love that tone.
I also want something that can dial back and go for some nice 80s thrash, metallica, megadeth, and anthrax.

I want something that has a good mid-treble tone, that doesnt truly emphasize bass, but leaves it tight and definitely there. but doesnt murder my ears with squealy, disgusting high ends.

Anything out there, if not a line 6, that would fit that?
Last edited by Grey Dynasty at Aug 11, 2008,
High end line 6's are very good. But don't get the Spider Valve, biggest gimmick out there.
so i could c onsider getting a vetta? maybe nto the flextone cause i want a tube amp.

ive just heard about bugera amps too, so are those any good?
The Vetta is very good, if it's good enough for Meshuggah it's good enough for you.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Nope.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
No, the vetta isn't tube, but it's probably one of the best modeling amps out there.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
why is the word vetta always in red?
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
Quote by hotsnakes

Get a vetta i tried one at my local shop. In 15 minute ( Dont forget i already have experience whit pods and its kinda the same interface) and its sounded like a chocolate cake. ( i hope u like chocolate cake)
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Actually, if you're into recording the Spider Valve should be good. I've tried them on multiple occasions, it's one of those amps where the tone on its own sounds sorta flat, but sits great in a mix.

But otherwise the Vetta's great.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by hotsnakes

If you found this thread by searching for vetta, it'll automatically highlight the word...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...