Just wondering. I always see dumbsh*t comments of people saying bands aren't metal just because they dont like them. So I'm wondering what makes a band not metal to you? for me, I'd have to say it is being categorized into a different genre altogether. This sub-genre bullsh*t is just, well... bullsh*t.
Angst. Girly. Generally not sounding metal.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Monolith295
This sub-genre bullsh*t is just, well... bullsh*t.

Not this idiocy as well...

So...

Arckanum and Reverend Bizarre sound the same? Cannibal Corpse and Tyr sound the same?

NO. Thus the obvious needs of sub-genres. To quote a great mod: "How would you be able to describe your favorite bands? Or ask for bands similar to them? You can't just say metal."
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
False Metal.. To me its when the music is whiny, the frontman sounds too.. emotional.. or just whiny, and when the texts is about.. Girls that dumped you.. Theres loads of those.. LOADS..

And of course.. rip off bands aswell, along with people who does not take metal seriously, if you are a real metalhead, you can tell a poser from his smell.. Or his Avenged Sevenfold tshirt.
Actually.. I have never met anyone with an Avenged Sevenfold tshirt. Never met a poser that went THAT low..

But all those people with Ville Valo shirts.. What the heck?!
I have a feeling that this thread will turn into one big metalcore/nu-metal bashing thread,
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Reject_666_6
I have a feeling that this thread will turn into one big metalcore/nu-metal bashing thread,

Pretty much, yes.
Not this idiocy as well...

So...

Arckanum and Reverend Bizarre sound the same? Cannibal Corpse and Tyr sound the same?

NO. Thus the obvious needs of sub-genres. To quote a great mod: "How would you be able to describe your favorite bands? Or ask for bands similar to them? You can't just say metal."

I meant more of sub-genres of metal being called false metal. That kind of bullsh*t.