Well here are some situations that have been going on:

On a Shinedown video for their cover of Simple Man, i simply said that Shinedown could never come close to Lynyrd Skynyrd playing that song, and everyone goes crazy on me lol. here is the argument (i'm 07Fender19Player65):

dhflzgbd
this dudes sing it better than lynyrd skynyrd

07Fender19Player65
no he doesnt. a cover is never as good as the original. this is good but lynyrd skynyrd does it so much better.

xXBadAndyXx
hmmm beg to differ.. . . ever see both of these guy in concert i have. . . i think shinedown easily takes the cake with this song. . . . makes it their own and better

07Fender19Player65
yea but still, they as a band are not better than lyrnyrd skynyrd... i mean the guitarist doesnt play a guitar solo at all in this song at all, and the solo in the original is like the trademark of the song... the guitarist couldve at least written his OWN solo for it.

xXBadAndyXx
really is that all you want is a solo. . . ? makes no sense really. . . . the song is called simple man.. . . . there fore having a simple melody that compliments an actually singer(dont say lynyrd skynyrd actually out sings shinedown, cuz lynyrd isnt even on the same level as brent)
and are you sure your not thinking of freebird? cuz the solo that you praise so much for simple man really isnt that spectacular???? hmmm

07Fender19Player65
um well first of all, the singers name isnt lynyrd skynyrd, thats the name of the band, and im not saying the singer out sings brent, and no im not thinking of free bird. and have you even heard the original simple man? the solo really IS spectacular in it, and the original is a classic. why did shinedown cover it anyway, the only way they made it their own is that the guitar part is more simple than the original and the singer sounds different.

07Fender19Player65
i mean when you cover a song it should song completely different except for the chord changes and the lyrics... i mean listen to knockin on heavens door by guns n roses then listen to the original by bob dylan. there is a huge difference between the 2.

HeavyMetalZombie666
HOW OLD ARE YOU? 65?

07Fender19Player65
i'm 14.

demiwolf9
totally

Again just now i think i may have started an argument about Metallica and Slipknot . This guy claims Metallica are old bitches and since its not the 80s anymore, than they suck. He also said that metal is better now and so are the people who play it
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
This is nothing new. We all know that YouTube and Yahoo! Answers attract the most idiotic of minds.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
"Youtube users have opinions that I personally do not agree with" would have been a much better title.

But I agree that they are stupid. When I read comments, I actually feel less intelligent.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
^This.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

You don't exactly have the best argument, and I must agree with others that Metallica is getting old, but yeah. In general, youtube users are not very intelligent.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I sometimes like to start fights on youtube comments. It's pretty fun to see responses but don't be a dick and put shinedown sucks on a shinedown video.
Quote by rasinañte
I sometimes like to start fights on youtube comments. It's pretty fun to see responses but don't be a dick and put shinedown sucks on a shinedown video.

i dont, i actually like them kind of, but i mean seriously they arent better at a lynyrd skynyrd song than lynyrd skynyrd themselves
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Just watch ANY music video on youtube and there's always people comparing bands with each others. For example if you listen to any melodeath songs(cause I've been doing it lately), you'll have hundreds of kiddies saying ZOMG COB IS ZO MUCH BEDAR!

Or that guy who argued me that Metallica was power metal
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

i hate people today
everyone such a know it all
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
The originals aren't ALWAYS better than covers.
I agree, however, that Skynyrd's version is the best.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
.... seriously, you're the one who acted immature.

"um well first of all, the singers name isnt lynyrd skynyrd, thats the name of the band"
grow up, everyone knew that. he was saying that the band isnt on the same level

"i mean when you cover a song it should song completely different except for the chord changes and the lyrics"
so.... it should sound completely different, and yet still be the same song...
its a cover... they're not rewriting the song...

edit:
for the record, i like shinedowns version better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2l8O1JUrRo

there's your precious guitar solo...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Lol, the name of the dude.

HeavyMetalZombie666
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by instagata0
.... seriously, you're the one who acted immature.

"um well first of all, the singers name isnt lynyrd skynyrd, thats the name of the band"
grow up, everyone knew that. he was saying that the band isnt on the same level

"i mean when you cover a song it should song completely different except for the chord changes and the lyrics"
so.... it should sound completely different, and yet still be the same song...
its a cover... they're not rewriting the song...

edit:
for the record, i like shinedowns version better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2l8O1JUrRo

there's your precious guitar solo...

the first thing you said, i thought that he seriously thought that lynyrd skynyrd was a guy, not a band.

second thing you said, i couldnt figure out what i was trying to say, so i just like, put something down.

the third thing you said, its ok, but when the singer from shinedown gets to the chorus and he starts "semiscreaming" (dont really know what to call it) it kind of ruins that part of the song.

and thanks for the video, even though i have the song on my ipod
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Shinedown's vocals add unnessesary cheese to the song. I don't dislike it, but anytime cheese is added it is a detraction, not an improvement. Anyway, Youtube sucks. No one should be able to be a music snob when listening to youtube because they are listening to some of the most horrible audio in the world, and usually through 1 inch speakers.

I swear if my roomate cranks his laptop audio one more time....
Quote by Broken_Drum
That's opinions for you.

People and their damn opinions.

Everyone has their own opinion about everything. It's the reason people get flamed because of the music they like. People need to realize that their opinions don't make them god.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Quote by scream_it
People need to realize that their opinions don't make them god...unless they're Sleaze Disease's opinions, in which case they do make him god.

Truth.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.