Page 1 of 4
I was thinking about it and today's music is dominated by Rap/Hip-hop whatever you want to call it. Let me say I have no problem with Rap/hip-hop I just don't listen to it alot but look at all the bands that are coming out with new albums this year.

AC/DC - Black Ice [single to be released late august]
Metallica - Death Magnetic [they played their new track "Cyanide" at Ozzfest]
Queen - Will get more info
Megadeth (working on it may be released early 2009?)
Guns N' Roses (atleast Shacklers Revenge)
Motley Crue (meh already released tho)
Alice In Chains (new singer obviously)
Slayer

And I know I'm forgetting a few but looking at these, everyone pretty much knows these bands or the majority of people who listen to rock and looking at this do you think Rock could dominate the mainstream music once again? Rap imo is on a decline looking at artists such as Souljah Boy (however you spell it), and these new guys. The good stuff was the main 90's, (snoop, dre, tupac). I personally think 2009 will be a solid year for Rock to dominate the mainstream music scene somewhat.

Do you think Rock will take back the stage in a hiphop dominated industry? Almost like how Grunge took over in the early 90's?
i am axel rose
Last edited by Guns N' r0ses at Aug 11, 2008,
Rock never left.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Yes, but all of those are going to be ****.

Apart from maybe the megadeth one.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I already brung sexy back.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
I already brung sexy back.

It never left.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
haha, ya let's just look to them to save us, we all know that will work with St. Anger and Axl Does nothing rose making the msuic.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by dgme92
Rock never left.

Not so much it left but seriously look at all the "mainstream" "well known" bands

Nickelback. . Seether puddle of mudd, i don't have anything against them but they are not even close to AC/DC, Metallica etc.
i am axel rose
Quote by Jackal58
It never left.

It SEEMS like it never left because I brung it back so quickly. Thank me, you fools.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
Not so much it left but seriously look at all the "mainstream" "well known" bands

Nickelback. . Seether puddle of mudd, i don't have anything against them but they are not even close to AC/DC, Metallica etc.

Some people like them more. And the only band that you posted that I might even consider buying the new album is AC/DC.

Edit: And AC/DC and Metallica are just as mainstream as nickelback, i would say.

Jack my swag
Quote by Guns N' r0ses

Muuuuuuuuuussseeeeeee....

Seriously, check them out. Best rock band for a long while. You should check out Audioslave, The White Stripes, the Raconteurs, there's a lot of good new rock about nowadays.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Guns N' r0ses

XD, puddle of mudd arent mainstream.

And seether rock, but their also not mainstream. 9/10 people only know broken. which isnt a good representation of their music.
The important thing to remember is that a majority of "mainstream" rock is mediocre at best. Now a days most really good bands are underground or just out of the mainstream scope. Personally I wouldn't want an awesome band I like such as Streetlight Manifesto on the alternative side or Unearth on the metal side being played on my local "popular" radio station.
Rock will never die. About every single genre of music today is directly influenced by rock. Just think about all the rappers who did rock covers. Like Eminem butchering Dream on from Aerosmith for example.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I was thinking about it and today's music is dominated by Rap/Hip-hop whatever you want to call it. Let me say I have no problem with Rap/hip-hop I just don't listen to it alot but look at all the bands that are coming out with new albums this year.

And I know I'm forgetting a few but looking at these, everyone pretty much knows these bands or the majority of people who listen to rock and looking at this do you think Rock could dominate the mainstream music once again? Rap imo is on a decline looking at artists such as Souljah Boy (however you spell it), and these new guys. The good stuff was the main 90's, (snoop, dre, tupac). I personally think 2009 will be a solid year for Rock to dominate the mainstream music scene somewhat.

The only one that might be any good at all is the Megadeth one. AC/DC just plain suck, Metallica is medicore at best, queen is nothing without freddy, and Motley crue is the same as metallica.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Wolfmother, Velvet Revolver, Audioslave are really the only bands right now that I can enjoy and sadly enough all 3 are currently disbanded or looking for new members
i am axel rose
I thought this was going to be about the former wrestler...
Quote by Soadfan8
yeah its awesome. unless you get raped, which you will, so it wont be awesome
Ugh, there's so many ignorant people in this thread.

For gods sake, listen to stuff newer than 80's hair metal, and trust me you will find good music. It's all about exploration.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
rock never left and it's always been steady.

perhaps you don't really know what rock music is.
Sent from my iPad.
Comeback?

It never left.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
There are a lot of current non-mainstream rock bands that are pretty kickass. Sometimes you need to dig beneath the surface to find stuff really worth listening to. Nothing against any of the bands you listed - they all have done wonders for music and I enjoy a lot of their stuff, but I don't expect any of their new albums to be anything too spectacular.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
well i dont care about the GNR one cuz it just stupid axl with a bunch of wannabe musicians(no offense to any1 who like the new GNR).
I had no idea queen would be coming out with new material, because freddie mercury is dead, and whats queen without freddies voice? i mean seriously.
i dont really know megadeth or motley crue very well( i just know hagar 18 and girls girls girls)
and i think ac/dc and metallica rock but i didnt really like stiff upper lip that much(some songs were good), and i havnt heard st anger but i heard it wasnt too good
but theyre is still some mainstream rock, but not as much as like the 70s, but thats because it was new then, and its old now, and hip hop and rap is new.
Seriously, have any of you turned on MTV, VH1, FUSE during music video hours or even the Radio? You know whats playing? Panic at the Disco, Paramore, MCR. And you guys are telling me Rock never left. If that **** is rock then what do you call Led Zep, Queen etc. they are legends. I'm not expecting to see a Led Zep or Queen/Gnr/Metalica/AC/DC vid on TV, but even the good bands todays hardly get any play over these mediocre bands. THAT is what im trying to say. I meant rock making a comeback as in the GOOD rock. Not to diss the current bands but the 90's make the 00's look like ****. Audioslave, Muse, Wolfmother, VR, I can stand good bands and my point is being the older more well known bands are going to be releasing albums. And as usual only 1 or 2 people actually read my post before posting. That being said these bands may dominate the main stream music scene for a bit. I know AC/DC is shooting a new video right now. Metallica is as well. These are what will probably dominate the airways for a while.
i am axel rose
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
Seriously, have any of you turned on MTV, VH1, FUSE during music video hours or even the Radio?
Not lately.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses

You know whats playing?
Enlighten me.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses

Panic at the Disco, Paramore, MCR.
Which are a form of Rock music, yes.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses

THAT is what im trying to say. I meant rock making a comeback as in the GOOD rock.

And that's not entirely subjective.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
Seriously, have any of you turned on MTV, VH1, FUSE during music video hours or even the Radio? You know whats playing? Panic at the Disco, Paramore, MCR. And you guys are telling me Rock never left. If that **** is rock then what do you call Led Zep, Queen etc. they are legends. I'm not expecting to see a Led Zep or Queen/Gnr/Metalica/AC/DC vid on TV, but even the good bands todays hardly get any play over these mediocre bands. THAT is what im trying to say. I meant rock making a comeback as in the GOOD rock. Not to diss the current bands but the 90's make the 00's look like ****. Audioslave, Muse, Wolfmother, VR, I can stand good bands and my point is being the older more well known bands are going to be releasing albums. And as usual only 1 or 2 people actually read my post before posting. That being said these bands may dominate the main stream music scene for a bit. I know AC/DC is shooting a new video right now. Metallica is as well. These are what will probably dominate the airways for a while.

What's good or not in music is subjective.

Jack my swag
Gaytarded.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Guns N' r0ses

Alice In Chains (new singer obviously)
Slayer

edit: if this makes no sense to you here

You say 90's... and list Wolfmother. Their debut album came out in 2006 (i believe). Their ONLY album. Hmmmmmmmmmm
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
Also Alice In Chains with their new singer is coming out with new stuff.

This I can stand behind.

But you kinda seem like the kind of person who would get mad at someone for using a drum machine. what I'm saying is you have to stop living in the past. Its cool that you like these bands, but they have had their time and now new music is emerging. You don't have to like it, but don't say that it is less than anything that Guns and Roses or ACDC has made.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Good rock in never going to be mainstream. If hip-hop declines then pop-punk and alternative rock will take over.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

i bet the elitists who were alive in the 70s were like "OmGzZ where is the REAL music like elvis, chuck berry, and Bo Diddly??? this led zeppelin stuff is ****e! f/uck the doors!"

i'm pretty sure every generation will have people saying the past generation was better
Welcome to a thread where people whine about the state of modern music because they have narrow tastes and aren't willing to get up off their ass and look for new music outside of MTV2. I wish you people would fuck off. You don't like mainstream rap? Don't listen to it. You don't like MCR? Don't listen to them. You only like classic rock and metal? Listen to that and stop whining. And don't you dare say music used to be better. It didn't, the bad stuff just got forgotten. Music evolved. You remained a neanderthal. Deal with it or become extinct.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Aug 12, 2008,
Quote by break-me-in
Welcome to a thread where people whine about the state of modern music because they have narrow tastes and aren't willing to get up off their ass and look for new music outside of MTV2. I wish you people would fuck off. You don't like mainstream rap? Don't listen to it. You don't like MCR? Don't listen to them. You only like classic rock and metal? Listen to that and stop whining. And don't you dare say music used to be better. It didn't, the bad stuff just got forgotten. Music evolved. You remained a neanderthal. Deal with it or become extinct.

This.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Page 1 of 4