Hey, everytime i put on a new set of strings, the high e string pops when i tune it. i'm using 11s in standard tuning, but it also does it on 10s in standard. am i doing something wrong?
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
are you... doing it correctly?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
your action is probably too tight
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
your action is probably too tight

Action is the height of the strings from the from the fretboard so has nothing to do with this.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Action is the height of the strings from the from the fretboard so has nothing to do with this.

Yeah, it does, the higher the action, the tighter the strings are, therefore the higher risk of something breaking. Or am I mistaken?
Quote by Eternium
Yeah, it does, the higher the action, the tighter the strings are, therefore the higher risk of something breaking. Or am I mistaken?

I wouldn't have thought so; the difference in tension caused by action must be so minimal I highly doubt it makes any difference.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.