I have hit a point in my musical career where I would like to start recording my music to see i it sounds half as good to other people as it does to me. The problem is I have no idea what I am trying to get myself into. I know I have a extreme budget of $200 wich I am going to get this Podcast Studio Firewire Bundle

It seems to come with everything that I would need to get started, yeah its cheap for everything your getting but I dont know where to start. I am all ears to those of you who know what your talking about

Anybody who knows as little as myself or has nothing good to say to help me, please back off.............. and yes I know behringer has a bad rep but I have had no problems with my X-Vamp.... so I am hoping the rest isnt as bad. But all help is welcome
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
Why not just get a USB microphone? Blue's Snowball, CAD's U37, or Samson CO1U are great microphones for voice, and cost half as much as that kit.

Alternatively, you could get a nice preamp and microphone, like an E=mu 0202 ($100), an M Audio Nova ($99) or anything reviewed here, a cable, and you'd be set. The Emu can even record your V-Amp if you have the right cables. You spend a little more, and you get a lot better quality...though you can easily get a Behringer C1 and headphones instead and you'd have money left over. Software can come through Audacity or KRISTAL.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Aug 11, 2008,
Used gear can save you a lot of money, as can those "Scratch & Dent" sales at MF

An EMU 0202 as suggested by Fast_Fingers is a nice start. The 57 is a good general use mic as well.
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 12, 2008,
kk thank you, I will look into those right now
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.