im going to buy a new electric for 600ish with tax and should i get this or the same in cherry burst

or..... this esp ..(the 256)

btw i play classic rock,metal,grunge,country,so im thinking the epi and the epi is worth 900.....what do you guys think?
get the esp!!!!!
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
I say ESP. Try to play them both so you can compare through experience.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
thing is their both of the internet/ordered in so i kinda want the epiu bc its worth more and prob has better pickups,,,,esp was what i wanted from the start
Definitely the ESP
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Quote by nowa90
thing is their both of the internet/ordered in so i kinda want the epiu bc its worth more and prob has better pickups,,,,esp was what i wanted from the start

Tbh alot of Epi standard Pups aren't that great imo

I'd go with the ESP
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by nowa90

Not really. Epiphone pickups are not that good. The pickups in ESP guitars are way better (EMGs or Seymour Duncans). Even the models that have the "ESP pickups" are better. But this is only my opinion
esp.

I just died alittle inside
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
although the ESP is most likely better all around, that Epi is absolutely gorgeous!

if i were you id buy the epi and swap the pickups for some Seymour Duncans

but thats just me, im only judging on looks
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
Epic thread.

LTD ftw.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
The pickups on the LTD aren't really great. I'd suggest playing them both and going with the one you prefer.
I would get the ESP, and eventually change the pickups. I would do that with either of them, but the ESP seems like a better guitar.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
i have the ec-1000
Never gone sell my LTD.
Way better then any Gibson or EPI i every played.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
i have the ec-1000
Never gone sell my LTD.
Way better then any Gibson or EPI i every played.

Duuuude I want an ec1000 so much
Anyway my ex-50 still rocks
ESP.

I've got a high end Epiphone, (LP custom) And after playing an ESP LTD EC-50 I hate my Epi. The ESP LTD beats it hands down in the feel area.
Signatures are overrated.
wtf the ltd has crappy pickups? it has freakin emg 81/60. that's like waaaay better than epi stocks. and theyre EMG's. not designed by emg but real genuine emg. man i wish i had EMG's. they ****in raised the prices too.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
So a EC-50 pwns a Epi LP Custom, is that what you're saying?
The EC-50's are cool guitars for the price, but as much as I dislike Epiphone, I'm going to have to disagree.

TS, I'd go with the ESP. It all depends on what you're playing though. The LP should sound alot 'warmer' do to the thickness, but I think the LTD will be overall more comfortable for you. My advice would be to try them both out, and if you can't, then get all the information on each guitar as you can. This way you atleast have a clue on what you'll be getting.

If you purchase of Musians Friend, then good luck. Not to go off topic, but there has been horror stories of MF lately, so hopefully it goes well for you.
Quote by apak
wtf the ltd has crappy pickups? it has freakin emg 81/60. that's like waaaay better than epi stocks. and theyre EMG's. not designed by emg but real genuine emg. man i wish i had EMG's. they ****in raised the prices too.

That's the second thread where I've seen you whining about what you don't have.

And the ESP LTD he's talking about has ESP LH-150 pick ups in both the neck and bridge.

Quote by caraluzzo
So a EC-50 pwns a Epi LP Custom, is that what you're saying?
The EC-50's are cool guitars for the price, but as much as I dislike Epiphone, I'm going to have to disagree.

An opinion is an opinion man.
I didn't say it 'pwns' the Epi. I said it was better in terms of feel. Way better fret access, way better neck shape, Lighter in weight. To me it's just the better guitar.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by apak

pickups are important in a guitar.'

crappy ones are useless!
What the hell made you think the Epi is worth $900?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
ESP L-fuking-TD
I would dare guess that EC 400 is not far from the deluxe version EC 1000 if you just upgrade some of the hardwares.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Its not an ESP dudes. Start giving it the right name.
But yes, the ltd is the better one.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
now i got another disicien(?) the esp ltd 400 or a jt 50 custom

the thing is the jt 50 is only 360 and then i can buy better pickups (seymor duncans or dmarzio) and still have money towards my new amp....the ltd is a beatufull guitar but kinda expensive....and theirs only 1 more to year i get a job and can buy like 1000$+ guitars
Quote by iRockMetal
Definately the Epi Standard in blue. That guitar looks ****ing SWWWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

Lol, I have that one, just so you know it's more green-ie in person, it's still blue on the outside but then it goes to aqua.

Unless mine's just been sitting in the sun too long?
Quote by LP_CL
Its not an ESP dudes. Start giving it the right name.
But yes, the ltd is the better one.

Uhm yeah, ESP does make it so technically it is an ESP, but even more technically speaking its an ESP LTD.
If you get the Esp i would get the EC-400 or EC-500 just because they have better pickups.
I have a Epi LP Standard, the pickups can get muddy...
ESP

Pronounced EH-SHP
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras