I have to go and visit my girlfriends parents in Canada unfortunately. Is halifax any good for live bands, music shops, general civilisation or is it all bears and milk bags?
I was born there and lived there for many years. It's a nice city, quite large with lots of things to do. Make sure you go to mic mac mall, which is in dartmouth across the bridge.

Downtown is really nice also and you will certainly notice the city has many hills. With the look of the bridge and all the hills it might remind you of San Fran Francisco.

In conclusion, tons of stores to go to, tons of night life and just tons of things to do...TONS. The crime rate got a bit high though...it is a dangerous city so be careful at night and don't go to Spryfield.
Yes its good, lots of concerts here, a big mall and another one next to dartmouth, theres small gangs but they dont do anything to civilians so you should be fine.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I would love to go to Halifax....I'm sure you will enjoy it there
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Quote by Phazer
I have to go and visit my girlfriends parents in Canada unfortunately. Is halifax any good for live bands, music shops, general civilisation or is it all bears and milk bags?

"KennySG"
"Has his milk in BAGS"

haha
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by smb
There's a Halifax in Canada?

well i think so since i live there
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.