I have an unused nylon-stringed Classical guitar and i was thinking of installing steel acoustic strings on the guitar.. would there be any problems with this? like the neck not being able to hold the tension or intonation problems? thanks..
yeah im pretty sure it will warp, (could be wrong) the other thing ive seen is the classical bridge piece come off because it isnt made to handle tension and steel strings cause tension no surprise
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Won't work.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
There is over 200lbs of string pressure from a set of steel strings pulling on the neck. That's why steel string guitars have truss rods to apply counter pressure to the strings.

If you really wanted to do it you would have to remove the back of the guitar and replace the light classical bacings on the sound board with wooden bracings designed for steel string guitars, the finger board would have to be removed and a slot routed into the neck so a truss rodd can be fitted, the fretboard [more likely a new one] then reglued and after all that, a thicker back would have to be made and glued onto the guitar and then the bridge and saddle would have to be replaced with one made for a steel string and probably your tuners too! Not a lot of point to it is there?
Last edited by Akabilk at Aug 11, 2008,