I brought this up to my dad asking him about Cragslist and such and he saw that I was looking at this cheap but in good condition Fender Strat. He says I have too many guitars (only three electrics and like two cheap acoustics), as well as saying how pissed he is because I want another (not necessarily need one).

Thing is, none of my guitars are good BLUES guitars. And as much as I've been wanting that blues tone I've been looking into getting this MIM Strat.

Your thoughts?

Edit: Oh, and addition, he keeps getting on me about college expenses.

AND I'm obviously not pro or anything, but he says until I become "pro" I can get another guitar. Wtf..?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Last edited by md41 at Aug 11, 2008,
Yes.

When you can't afford food is when you have too many.
Proud owner of:
1981 Carvin X100B
1987 Strat Plus w/ DiMarzios
BBE Main Squeeze
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-7
Morley Mark Tremonti Power Wah
Can you have too many Pokemon? Answer that question and you will have found the answer to this thread.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I have 7 guitars.

No, you can never have enough

liar ^^^^^
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
i own 3. 2 electrics and 1 acoustic. i want another electric. it really depends on are you going to USE them? or could you part with one that wont get used as much? i cant. both my electrics have different personalities, sounds, etc. the 3rd one i want might replace one of em, might not. now if your giging then spares are always good.
tell your dad you just enjoy collecting if hes not a dick he will understand
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
If you think you have too many then you have. Otherwise, buy another one.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
You've got to get your priorities right. For most people guitars are a luxury item. But if you want it and you can afford it and you have the space to keep it then why not allow yourself that luxury?
Quote by shift3448
tell your dad you just enjoy collecting if hes not a dick he will understand

That's what I'm thinking.

And I have a job and such. As long as I have enough left to keep up with my expenses and all.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by darkstar2466
Can you have too many Pokemon? Answer that question and you will have found the answer to this thread.

this man speaks the truth.
Quote by Epiphany521
no, check out my basement:

at least get some different finishes! some are exactly the same color.

and to TS, i have 9. 8 are mine, 1 is on an indefinate loan. my friend has 47. my teacher is at 23. Eventually i will have 200. never enough.
I have 8 guitars (not counting basses).
2 Acoustics
1 Classical
5 Electric
That's way too many. If you know what sound you want and none of your guitars get it, sell your useless guitars and buy the one you need.
It's really as simple as that.
My friend owns 12, he only really uses 3 for gigs though.

he justifies having them for the most obscure reasons. "But I can't sell this one. It has a soft tone we need for [insert name of slow song here]" etc.

Then again, he does run a small studio...but even then, most people just use the Fender Strat when recording
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP

and to TS, i have 9. 8 are mine, 1 is on an indefinate loan. my friend has 47. my teacher is at 23. Eventually i will have 200. never enough.

Haha, really?

Anyway, I'm a decent guitarist and am just looking for one guitar with a nice blues tone. I've been messing with my Ibanez for a while. I know it's not the best, but you really can't have too many.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP

the ones on my top shelf (near the back) are pretty colorful. i usually play them once and then throw them away. i mean, whats the use of playing a guitar after the first jam?
dude,,, you can *NOT!* have tomany guitars... as long as u dont get guitars that sounds the same ... cause thats just gay .. but if u can feel the diffence in a guitar and want it...(and can afford it and will play it) GET IT!!!!! never too many!!!!!
Quote by Epiphany521
no, check out my basement:

It looks more like a guitar warehouse!

I'ld be more than happy with 2 electric guitars and one acoustic guitar...
you know you have to many when you stop using some.

I have all the axes in my sig (obviously)

Whilst being very similar, I use different ones for different situations, the top two are practice guitars, and the rest are live guitars...soon I will have another one. Specifically for studio work.

Same goes for amps, and stomp-boxes lol
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko