Sometimes it seems like there are just no good blues-rock bands out there anymore. Sure, Wolfmother had a good album but after one listen it just sounds like another Zep ripoff. One band that is pretty decent is the Brian Fitzgerald Project, a loose group made in some guy's garage. Check em' out at Garageband.com. But one band that really amazed me was a band that I heard of but wasn't really familiar with. Check em' out at Youtube.com/theoobiband
I smell an advertisement.

There are plenty of amazing bands out there, but you have to be willing to look for them.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
You're not looking hard enough. There are many amazing bands churning out music right now and there will be many more artists to come.

I taste an advertisement.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i would really compare wolfmother to zep. sure there are similarities, but i wouldnt call it a ripoff of zep.

that band is ok.
blues-rock really isnt my kinda thing though.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I smell an advertisement.

There are plenty of amazing bands out there, but you have to be willing to look for them.

Quote by darkstar2466
You're not looking hard enough. There are many amazing bands churning out music right now and there will be many more artists to come.

I taste an advertisement.

Woah.

Deja Vu
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
MGMT, Dr. Dog, My Morning Jacket, Clutch, Raconteurs, etc etc look past radio music
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
blues-rock has been over done to death, so any more blues-rock bands would just be a rip off of a previous band, because it's a very limited genre.
Black Keys, anyone?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Yes, there's no good music left.

Let's stop listening to music.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
at their primes what poprock band are better than the beatles, rock band are better than zep, what prog band are better than crimson, what space rock band are better than floyd, what metal band are better than metallica etc. Internet and downloading is preventing bands from being promoted and given the time and money like these bands were.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Woah.

Deja Vu

Unfortunately, it wasn't. I merely continued the "I *insert one of the five senses here* an advertisement" pattern, hoping that someone would follow my footsteps.

Someday though, yurf, someday. Our paths will cross in a momentous deja vu.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Yes, there's no good music left.

Let's stop listening to music.

Music sucks these days. Let's move on to watching Korean soap operas.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

Music sucks these days. Let's move on to watching Korean soap operas.

Better yet, let's just form a big AIDS infested pile of gay orgy. It's the only good thing left in humanity.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Robin Trower and Kenny Wayne Shepherd come to mind when you mention blues rock. Thats all I feel like writing.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Last edited by mercedesisbenz at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by Phazer
at their primes what poprock band are better than the beatles, rock band are better than zep, what prog band are better than crimson, what space rock band are better than floyd, what metal band are better than metallica etc. Internet and downloading is preventing bands from being promoted and given the time and money like these bands were.

Uhhh...I can name better bands than all of them in each respective genre besides pop rock (because I don't listen to pop rock) and space rock (because that's not a real genre) and I found many of them through the internet and downloading.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Some of the current ones I like are Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stone Temple Pilots, Phil Lesh & Friends, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rush, the Who, Eric Clapton, John Mayer.... just to name a few......