okay
so i have up to $900
i'm willing and expecting to go used
i need AT LEAST 2 channels and sets of EQ
around 50watts give or take
in a head form (i have a cab, 2x12) preferably without stupid looking stuff on the front (that means you single rectifier version 2)
i'd like to be able to do muse, classic rock, and john frusciante styled stuff
i play a strat with texas specials and a pearly gates humbucker in the bridge

what boogie should i get?
the ones in my range i was looking at were the nomad 55, rectoverb, and DC-50.
i just tested out a 5:50 express head today and it was great (could use some more gain though)
could someone put those amps in order of greatness
i'm looking to get something i will be able to use indefinatly (wouldn't everyone like that though? lol)

thanks
U cant go wrong with the rectifiers. I have a triple and its like The best thing i have ever found. So save up a little more and buy one!
i can't save up anymore, i'm stretching it as it is (car insurance and band trip payments)

i've been finding the rectoverb for less than 900 and the sound clips online were great

triple rectifier is 150w
really don't need that much
Yes, more than enough gain, dude.

You can get an F-50 combo for as low as $500, it's fantastic.
i was originally going to suggest a marshall jcm 800, but i figure the mesa stiletto would do the job even better. you could try going used, the amp roars and has pretty good cleans if you wanted to do frusciante.
how does the rectoverb compare to the f-50
i was leaning towards the rectoverb over the f-50 because of the pushed and vintage switches on the 2 channels
well the recto verb is ok, but get ready for a cab hunt considering your musical styles and i take it you don't want to turn it up that much? cause then a lot of cabs will fizz out at low volumes. i would suggest getting something like celestion that gh12 or how ever it is, well its a 75 watt speaker and its gh12 or something like, sorry i can remember the name >.>
Quote by guitaruboy
how does the rectoverb compare to the f-50
i was leaning towards the rectoverb over the f-50 because of the pushed and vintage switches on the 2 channels

idk dude but the rectoverb look pretty freaken sick! :-) can I just ask you though why do you want a mesa over marshall? I like the mesa rectoverb and the marshall jcm2000 tsl. idk if there's much price difference or not I haven't really found out yet.
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
idk dude but the rectoverb look pretty freaken sick! :-) can I just ask you though why do you want a mesa over marshall? I like the mesa rectoverb and the marshall jcm2000 tsl. idk if there's much price difference or not I haven't really found out yet.

i can't stand the sharing of the eq and the distortions a bit muddy
plus it makes a big SHHHHHHHH sound when i go from dirty to clean
just looking for less wattage too
dont use v30's at low volumes with mesa's, it will fizz like pop, bad tasting pop kinda like diet. you need to get a more warmer and less mid ranged speaker.
Quote by guitaruboy
i can't stand the sharing of the eq and the distortions a bit muddy
plus it makes a big SHHHHHHHH sound when i go from dirty to clean
just looking for less wattage too

k thanks dude! ;-)
get a rectoverb. do it. you will NOT regret it.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by xXguitard00dXx

Marshall is ridiculously overpriced and not exactly what the current situation calls for.

Plus, the TSL model is the failure of the whole Marshall tube amp family.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
yeah
a local shop has a rectoverb combo, but theres a tear in the speaker cloth (not a tear in the speaker)
plus its 900
i'm really jonesin for a dc5 head. so i'm pretty much entirely sure i'm going to go for one, sans actually playing it (clips have been great though!)
i'm waiting for this one guy on craigslist to come up with the cash to get my marshall