Page 1 of 2
seriously dudes. i was at practice listening to music waiting for it start and my friend starts listening with me and i was listening to soothsayer(one of the greatest songs ever). he said he never heard it before but thought it was awesome. he asked "who is it" and i say "buckethead". all of a sudden his attitude toward the song totally changes and thinks it sucks. i have seen this a lot, why don't people take him seriously? is because of the mask or because most people are douchebags?
People have certain stereotypes towards unique genres and artists in music, usually.

You just have to put up with them.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
They might disagree with KFC.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by smb
It's because he wears a bucket on his head.

THIS
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
dude, knock the hell outta him. let him listen to Final Wars. that sh*t is kickass. it should change his mind..but idk y people dnt take him seriously..hes awesome. but watever..
Because he's too good at everything. He makes all sorts of awesome music, and people just don't like that for some reason. Jealousy is what it is.
Quote by kidsilcon
They might disagree with KFC.

no one can disagree with KFC its like against the laws of motion or some ****
Gibson Faded SG

Line 6 spider III 75 watt
I can't believe you can't understand why nobody takes a guy with a bucket on his head seriously.
A lot of people can't look past the fact that he wears a bucket on his head, so people take him as a joke and don't think he cares about music. So basically, people are ignorant.
He could easily be taken seriously if he took off the fuckin' bucket. He doesn't want to be taken seriously.
Quote by Trefellin
I can't believe you can't understand why nobody takes a guy with a bucket on his head seriously.

yeah i see what you're saying. i am just pissed off about it for some reason and had to make a thread about it even though i have no idea why
Quote by Trefellin

wait a minute, is that why he calls himself buckethead !?!?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Because he endorses KFC and not Popeyes. Oh, a wronger choice has never been made than this one.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Steve The Plank
I think it's pretty obvious why a guy who never takes a bucket off his head and claims to be raised by chickens is not taken seriously.

STFU! hes my idol! hes yummi
Quote by Alice-Gardenia
Eh, He's an Amazing Guitarist, But Some People think he's a little wierd.
Plus, Soothsayer sucks.....

Dude! You are ridiculous! Soothsayer just might be one of the greatest songs I've ever heard, PERIOD! Nothing since listening to Crazy Train for the first time has inspired me to make music more then that single song.
Quote by smb
It's because he wears a bucket on his head.

This.

It's hard to be taken seriously with a KFC bucket on your head.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
you have to respect people's musical tastes
not every1 will like the same music as you, and YOU have to deal with it
you can't force people to like certain music
aside from that he is being a dousche for initally liking it and then disliking it after you mentionied it was buckethead
Quote by maniac111
A lot of people can't look past the fact that he wears a bucket on his head, so people take him as a joke and don't think he cares about music. So basically, people are ignorant.

100% This.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Quote by bdof
Dude! You are ridiculous! Soothsayer just might be one of the greatest songs I've ever heard, PERIOD! Nothing since listening to Crazy Train for the first time has inspired me to make music more then that single song.

Soothsayer Sucks.....
Period.
It's my Opinion, so Back the hell off.
You may think it's a great song, But i PERSONALLY think it's crap.
(Just in case you Still haven't Realized, My opinion is Mine and mine alone, So you can start Hailing Buckethead as a god or whatever.
I still think he sucks.)
Quote by Awaken
wait a minute, is that why he calls himself buckethead !?!?
Yes.

Just be thankful he wears a bucket on his head. He could be as ugly as Stevie Ray Vaughn.
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
Quote by Steve The Plank
I think it's pretty obvious why a guy who never takes a bucket off his head and claims to be raised by chickens is not taken seriously.

As much as I like Buckethead, +1.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
After much arguing I finally got my mom to listen to "Whitewash" from Colma. She enjoyed it, but still didn't want to listen to the rest of the CD.

Too many people are narrow minded.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by Steve The Plank

+1
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Damn, I could do with some KFC right now.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Somewhere between writing the Power Rangers theme song and mixing one of Viggo Mortenson's music albums xD

Secretly, I think he's actually Slash. Only the colonel recruits him for various secret purposes.
The Pit. The Movie.
i dont like him because it doesnt seem like he puts much soul into his solos
plus the whole story about him is just stupid
i think even less of him if he came up with the whole thing
but i do think he would be credited more if he didnt look like such and idiot
Quote by Alice-Gardenia
Soothsayer Sucks.....
Period.
It's my Opinion, so Back the hell off.
You may think it's a great song, But i PERSONALLY think it's crap.
(Just in case you Still haven't Realized, My opinion is Mine and mine alone, So you can start Hailing Buckethead as a god or whatever.
I still think he sucks.)

Your opinion is wrong.

I think the only reason he wears a bucket on his head is so that his identity can be kept secret, so that when he walks down the street, he doesn't have hordes of fans running up to him.
Page 1 of 2