Page 1 of 10
Ive been over to the UK once and i liked it. Im from the southern US btw. But i was quite young when i went over.

so i was wondering what are the UK's feelings on us americans? Specifially southern americans.

i mean there has to be some resentment seeing how we kicked yall's ass and then took over as the most powerful country in the world.

but thats just me.

Do you all view us arrogant selfish pricks like the media portrays?
*plays Dueling Banjos"

Edit:

Banjo X2
e-------9-10-12-9-10-----9------------
B-------------------------12---10-12------
G---------------------------------------
D-------------------------------------
A-------------------------------------
E-------------------------------------
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at Aug 11, 2008,
I'm American.

That is all.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I haven't met all of the however many million Americans there are, so I wouldn't like to generalise.
No, all Americans are fucking awesome.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Aug 11, 2008,
We can't tell the difference between north and south and we don't care about the war you 'won' because with our rich and varied history it pales in comparison.

But through the media we know you go to high school which is the best and worst time of your life, you get really really fat or are really really skinny. You like things big.

If you're reading this and you think "this girl is talking total BS" then I must have forgotten to mention we 'get' you humour, but a lot of you don't 'get' ours.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Aug 12, 2008,
I view the US as "arrogant selfish pricks", and I live in Georgia, so...yeah, I'm pretty sure some of them do.
Quote by OddOneOut
You like things big.

That's only Texas. And we don't really have any power over Texas judging by recent events there.
Last edited by thewho65 at Aug 11, 2008,
Hey brother I'm from the south too, I always wondered the same thing. I think most Americans view people from the UK as elitist pricks, and most from the UK view us as ignorant morons. Either which way, America>UK. On a related note, Southern U.S.>The rest of the U.S.
Quote by on a jet
i mean there has to be some resentment seeing how we kicked yall's ass and then took over as the most powerful country in the world.

Quote by Fender_M1A
Either which way, America>UK. On a related note, Southern U.S.>The rest of the U.S.

Do you all view us arrogant selfish pricks like the media portrays?

I'm American, and I hate the South.

Just kidding. Just the accent.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Fender_M1A
Hey brother I'm from the south too, I always wondered the same thing. I think most Americans view people from the UK as elitist pricks, and most from the UK view us as ignorant morons. Either which way, America>UK. On a related note, Southern U.S.>The rest of the U.S.

I have nothing against Americans.

But when Americans say things like this it annoys me. I mean reallly...read through what you are saying, OP do that as well.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by technocheese
^fuck you

it's americans like you who give your country a bad name

We're way ahead of him, believe me
Quote by technocheese
^fuck you

it's americans like you who give your country a bad name

And it's people like you that make American's look better.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Fender_M1A

Thanks for proving our point

And they do mostly seems ignorant.
if you grew up in the 80s you will always love americans regardless of retards in government and inbred yankees.

Quote by brandon369852
And it's people like you that make American's look better.

How exactly?

EDIT - It's the minority of narrow minded american assclowns that make the country look bad. How do I make that idiot look any better?
wat.
Last edited by technocheese at Aug 11, 2008,
I'm quite a worldly fellow compared to most Americans, and yes I am critical of society and government at times, but once you look past factors like Bush, religious fanaticism (on some levels), and the general Puritan/conservative mindset a majority have, there' not a lot to hate about the USA.
Quote by HWFG1
I view the US as "arrogant selfish pricks", and I live in Georgia, so...yeah, I'm pretty sure some of them do.

To sum up my view:

I thought you meant the country at war with Russia for a moment there...
Quote by technocheese
How exactly?

I don't know, it wasn't necessarily anything against anything you said, I just hate when people generalize negatively against Americans. It wasn't really against anything you did, just a good time to put that in there...
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
I don't know, it wasn't necessarily anything against anything you said, I just hate when people generalize negatively against Americans. It wasn't really against anything you did, just a good time to put that in there...

I wasn't generalising about all americans. I said he reinforced the typical view on americans.
wat.
guys chill out. stretch 3000 miles over the atlantic and give each other an e hug. America and Britain both kick ass so celebrate your differences and leave it at that.
^^Ya...what he said.....
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by technocheese
I wasn't generalising about all americans. I said he reinforced the typical view on americans.

Yeah, I hate Americans like that. Makes me look bad.
Follow me on Twitter
Some see them as they would any other person. Some think they're stupid, annoying, fat, etc. Some just hate foreigners generally. And call us Brits, not UKers.

Also, there's no resentment over you being more powerful. Your country is also full of naive patriotism and pride for stupid bullshit. Industrialism, power, and capitalism have combined to turn America into a bloated cesspool with a wrongful sense of self-importance. But I've never been to America, so I don't know. This is just my view, not the average one. I have nothing against individuals, but this is how I perceive your nation.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I used to live in America, so I know that most of em are awesome

It's the ignorant "America is the best country in the world" types I cannot stand

To break-me-in : I understand what you mean about the blind patriotism. I really hate that.
wat.
Quote by Blitzraptor007
^^Ya...what he said.....

yeah thats when britain controlled 1 in 3 people in the world and one third of the entire worlds landmass

edit you changed your dang post
A lot of them are really loud and quite often have no idea what they're talking about, from experience. But I'm sure they're just like everyone else, just heavier.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
F*ck the south.

/thread
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!