Have you ever noticed that when people aren't very good at guitar but they kind of know what they are doing the turn the Gain/distortion all they way up? I noticed this when my friend was at my house, he turned up my gain all the way and was doing the intro to Back in Black. And in guitar class last year, this guy was trying to show off how good he was so he turned his gain up all the way and tryed to do a solo.

EDIT: I'm not saying there's anything wrong with alot of gain, I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen people use it as a 'cover up.'

So I was just curious, if anyone else has seen this.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Last edited by I am wet at Aug 11, 2008,
Well of course. It's the musical equivalent of making a crappy meal and then covering it with ketchup.
No I'm not saying theres anything wrong, but if you are trying to cover up that you can't do a chord don't use alot of gain because it can sound pretty bad.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by smb
Well of course. It's the musical equivalent of making a crappy meal and then covering it with ketchup.

Who doesn't like ketchup on crappy meals?

Gain can be used in a plethora of scenarios that don't involve covering up crappy playing.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I always have my gain all the way up

sounds good to me
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
i used to do that all the time, then i realized what was going on and played on clean or unplugged for a while and now my gain's back up so that i can learn to play with high distortion without extra harmonics or unwanted noises
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
I don't turn it all the way up, I back off the gain once the amp starts to lose definition.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
as long as it has no mid im good =]
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by aznrockerdude
I don't turn it all the way up, I back off the gain once the amp starts to lose definition.

This. There's a very fine line between a good high gain sound and so much gain your playing sounds like mush.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.