hey guys recently ive been thinking about joining up with a boxing club not only to learn how to defend myself if needed but also to keep in shape, but the problem is that i have my lip pierced and i really really wanna keep it, so i was wondering since ive had it a long time and its completely healed over is it alright if i just take it out to fight then put it back in after? im kinda afriad ill get bopped in the lip and it will swell till i cant fit the ring on or something
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
yeah sure you can take it out. just wait until the swelling is totally down to put it back in
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
dude take this here
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15745755#post15745755
to the body modification thread

if you get punched on the lip..the hole will probably close i would think
but you could take it out and try putting in a plastic/rubber retainer, but i dont think it would stay in if youre boxing
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Take it to the body modification thread. Delete this please.

I will answer you though - you're generally not allowed piercings in during fights as far as I'm aware because a friend does martial arts and he's had to have his taken out. He can still wear them though. Just depends on how long you've had them to whether or not they'll heal up. Depends on what you'd rather sacrifice.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
ya if u get in a real fight u aint gonna have time to be like "ay bruh hold on one sec, i gotta take my lip ring out before we fight" you do that youre on the floor with a swollen ass lip when u cud jus knock the ****er out quick
you take it out BEFORE the fight
¬¬
my friends lip got infected cause someone elbowed her in the face in a mosh pit, and her lip swelled up around the ring and she couldnt clean it.
ಠ_ಠ
she should have taken it out to allow for the swelling

then once it had gone down tried to put it back in

but that sucks. it happened to me before and its not nice