10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

ts-7

it's a great little pedal
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
out of the 3, the TS7 and Bad Monkey are overdrive pedals, meaning they drive the tubes of your amp. seeing it's a solid state amp, you won't be happy with the sound you'll get from those. what kind of sound are you after? maybe try a Pro Co Rat or MXR Dist +.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
out of the 3, the TS7 and Bad Monkey are overdrive pedals, meaning they drive the tubes of your amp. seeing it's a solid state amp, you won't be happy with the sound you'll get from those. what kind of sound are you after? maybe try a Pro Co Rat or MXR Dist +.

Uh, no. The SD-1 is and OD too. You're thinking of the DS-1.

Anyway, I'd go with either the Bad Monkey or TS7. They're both good choices.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
SD-1 has a lot more gain than the other two.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by acdc51502112
SD-1 has a lot more gain than the other two.

yes but the TS-7 will sound so much better. if you're using it to boost your solos or something like that i reccommend the TS-7.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by SSL27
Uh, no. The SD-1 is and OD too. You're thinking of the DS-1.

Anyway, I'd go with either the Bad Monkey or TS7. They're both good choices.

oh yeah. i thought it was DS-1, my bad.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
The thing about the SD-1 is that there's a BIG loss in bass when added if you use it as a boost, i have experienced myself.
I think with the TS7, with like swapping 1 chip out you can get the same circuit as the od808 i think, or was to the ts9
i was looking for a smooth overdrive through my amp.
the lead channel is sucky while the clean is decent.
something along the lines of santana
the sd-1 is my first choice bc of the price and a free power adapter at MF
for 50. the bad monkey is also 50 while the ts7 is 40
i read that the ts7 would probably need modding which i am not prepared to do
seeing that i am still a beginner
the thing is that overdrive pedals and solid state amps don't like to get around. You won't really get your smooth tone that you want X(. But just go to a shop and try some out
thats really a misconception. you wont be able to use the OD as a boost to push the sound (since the amps SS all it does is make it louder and maybe a loss of definition) but you can still use the pedal's simulated OD sound on the clean channel to get a smooth overdrive tone.

note it wont sound as good as if it were through a tube amp but the sound of the pedal should still get through. i ran a ts-9 through a spider and got an OD hundreds of times better than i could put through the amp even after extensive eq'ing.

in the TS's case you'd have to find an OD which sounds like santana, which IMO can be difficult since i believe alot of his tone comes from the mesa or whatever amp he uses itself
The sd1 does not have much bass. It seems more at home tightneing up a more flabby overdriven tube amp.
do not get the TS7. the bad monkey is a lot better. the TS7 is just running off of the good name of the old tube screamers. the bad monkey is a pretty good pedal for the price.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by leviticus_22953

Wrong.

I'm getting a bit tired of this idea that OD pedals don't work well with SS amps. OD pedals are not designed to push tubes. They are designed to emulate tube OD. They work perfectly through a SS amp, and can be a nice tool to help you get through those days when you still can't afford to buy a tube amp.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Check out the super overdrive by boss too. If you want a little more gain on tap its nice.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
so will all these pedals sound decent on my solid state amp?
i know there are no tubes to push but my lead channel sucks
it sounds so thin and synthetic
im looking for classic rock sound if i cant get the smooth overdriven tube sound

and i think im going to get the sd-1
will it help my tone?
^Possibly. Also look at the Boss BD-2.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
i checked out the bd-2
its out of my price range though
im looking for something under 60
The bd2 sounds very mushy (I used to own one), I own a modded ts7 which is alright, although they're a bit muddy stock, and having used a bad monkey, it's a bit too clear for that smooth lead sound considering your setup. In short, the bad monkey's the better pedal, but the ts7 will probably be better for your needs.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

okay but i probably wont mod it if i bought it
i hate the limitedness of my ss amp
im still thinking about the sd-1 super overdrive
heard a lot of good things about it
and thats its decent with a solid state
how 'bout this
go to store
try out pedals
decide what you like
buy pedal
???
done.
Quote by tubetime86
Check out the super overdrive by boss too. If you want a little more gain on tap its nice.

That's the SD-1, threadstarter already mentioned they're considering it.

Anyway, I own an SD-1, and really I just use it to boost my DSL. It is alright using it on the clean channel to produce a smooth overdriven sound, but it does lack bass like people have said. Really, if you get it, it won't push your SS amp much or boost it, it would be best used on the clean channel.
Quote by stujomo
The sd1 does not have much bass. It seems more at home tightneing up a more flabby overdriven tube amp.

You sir need to try the Keeley SD-1. I've used both and the Keeley fixes that exact problem.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
You will need to try them with your amp to see what you like best. The SD1 sounds quite different from the bad monkey.
i think im going to go with the sd-1
its the best deal for $50 with free ac adapter
checked out a lot of demos on youtube
they're both good pedals
going with the sd-1 instead of the bad monkey
bc its more financially sound
with the SD-1, it depends what one you get. If you don't want it to alter your tone you need a mid 80s MIJ one. The TS7 is too fuzzy and not as tight sounding as the SD-1.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by Jhachey22
do not get the TS7. the bad monkey is a lot better. the TS7 is just running off of the good name of the old tube screamers. the bad monkey is a pretty good pedal for the price.

You've never played a TS7 then.

I have a TS9 and bought a used TS7 to take apart and mess around with, changed two resistors, sounds almost exactly like an 808. Actually stock, it already sounded more like an 808 than the TS9 (though the TS9 isn't really TS808 based). And that's what I use now.

The only problem with the tone-lok series is that they're built cheaply (thus the low price), and the switches often have problems.
When I tried out the ts7 and the bad monkey on a ss amp there was barely any distortion even with the gain cranked. I can't speak for the sd1 but maybe oud be better off with an overdrive/distorion such as the creamin blues or the boss os2
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
When I tried out the ts7 and the bad monkey on a ss amp there was barely any distortion even with the gain cranked. I can't speak for the sd1 but maybe oud be better off with an overdrive/distorion such as the creamin blues or the boss os2

They're not supposed to be distortion pedals that give you a bunch of saturation, they're just supposed to give your sound a fatter sustain and a bit of compression like a cranked tube amp.
Quote by the elefant
i'll say it twice
bad monkey is the best overdrive under $100

2 things:

1) Once was plenty.

2) That's your opinion.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by the elefant
i'll say it twice
bad monkey is the best overdrive under $100

Coming from someone who plays through a Frontman and Spider.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
ownd!!!
but ts, your really need to get to a store and try them out, not just listening to sound clips and watching videos on the 'tube
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Coming from someone who plays through a Frontman and Spider.

the spiders a piece of **** and collecting dust (you got me there)....
the frontmans a backup
and what i dont have up there is a fender pro reverb, which is my dads, which is what i use at shows
sorry if i offended anyone for giving my opinion
douch.e